Sr Project Manager
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Sr. Project Manager to work with our Corporate Projects team. This position will manage projects through completion including initiating, planning, executing, and evaluating projects as assigned. This includes the effective coordination and collaboration with staff in various departments impacted by the projects.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment.
- Manages projects and activities in support of corporate goals.
- Prepares and maintains project documents, including project charter, scope and business requirements.
- Develops project schedule, action plan and workflow for assigned projects.
- Supports the growth of the PMO and project management methodology throughout the business.
- Facilitates meetings, including meeting preparation.
- Ensures there are meeting minutes and action logs for meetings related to assigned projects.
- Follows up on work plan and action items to ensure project is on schedule and meeting requirements.
- Ensures there are policies and procedures in place to support assigned projects.
- Collaborates with staff from internal departments and at various levels to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Services on or leads committees, workgroups and project teams as assigned.
- Works with other departments to discuss, develop, and implement operational and organizational processes within the department and/or company as it relates to assigned projects.
- Assesses and reports project status to Project Sponsor and key stakeholders.
- Escalates issues to Project Sponsor, key stakeholders and leadership as necessary.
- Ensures timely and thorough communication to project stakeholders.
- Provides guidance to project managers with respect to project management tools and methodology.
- Recognizes unique and/or problem situations within assigned area of responsibility, researches, and formulates solutions and makes recommendations to Project Sponsor and key leadership as necessary.
- Maintains confidentiality of all member, client and proprietary information.
- PMP certification highly preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent preferred. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Project Management Office experience preferred.
- Minimum four years’ experience in Project Management, including the creation of charters, scope, requirements documentation, resource management, communication and project tracking.
- Proficiency in MS Office including intermediate knowledge in Word, Excel, MS Project or similar project management tool.
- Ability to effectively support multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to convey clear and concise message appropriate to intended audience through effective oral and written communication.
- Represents ASH in a professional manner.
- Uses effective project management methodologies, skills and tools to manage projects, remove barriers, monitor milestones and accomplish deliverables according to plan.
- Detail-oriented with demonstrated strengths in meeting commitments, project documentation and project team accountability.
- Ability to work independently and manage complex projects involving cross-functional departments.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
This job posting is not applicable in CO.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.