Data Entry Coordinator (Onsite, San Diego, CA)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Data Entry Coordinator to join our Finance department. This position will provide data entry and clerical support to the Finance Department in the completion of tasks required to support team and department goals and objectives.
Hourly Salary Range
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $17.25 to $20.00 Hourly Wage Range.
ASH requires all onsite employees and employees who travel for their position to either (a) establish they have been fully vaccinated; or (b) wear a N95, KN95, or KF94 well-fitting mask while working onsite at an ASH Office.
- Provides data entry/clerical support for the Finance Department. Heavy data entry of check information in Excel required.
- Opens, separates and sorts large volumes of checks and performs analysis to determine the proper entity and bank account for deposit.
- Logs checks received in Excel spreadsheets and then performs manual confirmation of amounts entered.
- Uses IHIS program to identify the entities of checks without proper entity designation.
- Prepares checks for deposit and takes them to the individual remotely depositing checks. Assists depositor with balancing deposits when needed.
- Compiles the Explanation of Benefit letters and notifies Claims Supervisors via email for pick-up.
- Uses IHIS program to research refund checks from practitioners, codes them accordingly, scans and emails copies of the checks to Claims department.
- Creates letters to return misdirected checks to Third Party Administrators, members and practitioners.
- Retrieves afternoon packages from Shipping and distributes them to the Finance Department.
- Organizes and distributes Finance mail.
- Responds to check inquiries from the Claims Department using the finance logs and verifies deposit status.
- Maintains list of CBR related payors including contact information and performs outreach to individual payors to identify payors who may be eligible to pay by EFT.
- Provides administrative support to the Finance department.
- Makes copies, prepares mailings, faxes reports, and scans financial documents.
- Sets up and maintains files and binders as requested.
- Assists in the creation of a variety of documents for presentations and/or financial filings.
- Provides assistance to other departmental staff to accomplish department objectives and assists with special projects.
- High school diploma required.
- Minimum one year of heavy data entry experience with 10 key and word processing with a minimum of 8,000 key strokes per hour required.
- Minimum of one year general office experience including administrative support and project management.
- Computer skills to include Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.