Systems Engineer II, Platform Engineering
American Specialty Health, Inc. is seeking a Systems Engineer II, Platform Engineering to join our Information Technology Operations department. The primary function of this position is to provide support to development teams through system administration and managing web/network related projects as assigned by manager.
You are invited to learn more about American Specialty Health’s events on our events page.
· Actively involved in building out and improving procedures for new environments.
· Provides advanced support for application environments including Windows Server and other 3rd party applications.
· Maintains software update and upgrades cycles with current and new solutions.
· Develops and improves scripts created to support automation of build tasks as needed.
· Develops and improves integrated orchestration and automation throughout the environment.
· Implements and maintains automation/scripting via Powershell, DSC, and SCCM.
· Works with software, infrastructure, network engineers and DBAs to solve productivity challenges, drive efficiency and automate environment builds and application releases.
· Develops and supports monitoring solutions to ensure application performance and availability goals are met.
· Implements and maintains cloud-based infrastructure and automated provisioning.
· Implements and maintains server clusters and load balancing environments.
· Implements and maintains web servers; security, backup/disaster recovery, IIS, load balancing, and related problems.
· Works with Enterprise Security and development teams to support vulnerability testing processes and tools.
· Coordinates firewall, VPN, switch, and router installations and modifications with Network Engineer as part of creation and support of application environments.
· Participate in on-call support rotation and take ownership of escalated problem resolution.
· Provides support to System Administrators for high-level support issues.
· Performs end user technical support as needed.
· Acts as backup and escalation point for System Administrators.
· Attends team, departmental and staff meetings to discuss issues and foster teamwork.
· Travel to other offices as needed to support IT infrastructure.
· Attends industry seminars, conferences, training classes and reads industry journals to stay current on technology.
· Bachelor’s degree in a computer related field or equivalent experience. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
· AWS Certified SysOps or Solutions Architect preferred.
· Microsoft Certified Azure Administrator or MCSE 2016+ preferred
· VMware Certified Advanced Professional (Cloud Management and Automation) preferred.
· Cisco Certified Network Associate Data Center (CCNA) preferred.
· Minimum 5 years applied systems administration in a mission critical Windows Servers 2012 R2+.
· Valid driver’s license with good driving record. Availability of automobile for on the job use and proof of insurance.
· Working knowledge of Windows Server 2012R2/2016/2019, Desired State Configuration (DSC), PowerCLI, Powershell, SCCM, Windows networking, Active Directory/AD Connect, Office 365/SharePoint, and high-availability architecture.
· Working knowledge of VMware ESXi, vCenter, vReplicator, vRealize Suite.
· Working knowledge of Cisco UCS Blade Technologies.
· Some experience with application monitoring, alerting and automated remediation processes.
· Proven troubleshooting skills and a team player.
· Effective written and oral communication.
· Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
· Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
· Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
· Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
· Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
· Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations and procedures to develop effective solutions.
· Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 40 lbs.
Usual office setting.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.