Sr Financial Reporting Analyst (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking an experienced Financial Reporting Analyst to become part of our Finance Department. This position prepares and analyzes financial statements, for the purposes of meeting the Company’s external reporting requirements, under U.S. GAAP and statutory accounting principles, and internal management reporting packages. This position requires an experienced financial professional who will take an active and contributive role in the Company’s financial reporting processes, including preparation or review of items to support the General Ledger Team. This position also serves as a financial business partner to the Company’s operations teams and will assist in the development of annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for various lines of business and operating departments. This multi-faceted role will interact with various cross functional business leaders to provide insightful analysis and business support.
Remote Worker Considerations:
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Prepares monthly, quarterly, and annual financial statement reporting packages and presentation materials (including Balance Sheet, Statement of Operations and Comprehensive Income, Statement of Shareholders Equity, and Statement of Cash Flows) for internal and external use.
- Prepares annual financial statements and footnote disclosures in accordance with U.S. GAAP and/or Statutory Accounting Principles to support the Company’s annual audit process.
- Prepares quarterly Statutory Basis financial statements and other financial filings for the Company’s regulated subsidiaries.
- Prepares regulatory comment letter responses and serves as liaison with various state regulators.
- Assists in the preparation of the quarterly Board of Directors financial reporting package and presentation for the consolidated enterprise and subsidiary entities.
- Produces well organized, detailed documentation to support financial deliverables.
- Supports the Company’s annual audit process and other audits/examinations, as necessary.
- Builds and maintains financial reports in the Company’s financial reporting information system; Assists in the design, development and maintenance of automated financial reports and dashboards for internal management.
- Assists with research and documentation of the Company's position regarding technical accounting issues.
- Assists in preparation of other financial filings ensuring regulatory compliance as required.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional ad-hoc duties as required.
- Participates in month close meetings for all finance areas and provides support to the General Ledger function as necessary, including but not limited to, flux analysis in support of month end close, final review of journal entry binders, and preparation of certain schedules used by the General Ledger team to record journal entries.
- Assists with the preparation of revenue/costs of services annual budgets and periodic reforecasts for various lines of business, along with compensation and operating expense budgets/reforecasts for the Company’s operating departments.
- Assists in the preparation of the budget/reforecast Balance Sheet and Statement of Cash Flows.
- Consistently communicates across various functions and departments driving appropriate collaboration, coordination, analysis, and timing of deliverables.
- Contributes to the preparation of materials for the budget presentation to the executive team and Board of Directors.
- Prepares and distributes monthly financial analysis packages for the Company’s operating departments budget versus actual results, providing department managers with insight and explanations of key variances and opportunities for improvement.
- Reviews and analyzes Profit & Loss (P&L) account balances and identifies necessary P&L adjustments in order to properly allocate and record expenses to appropriate cost centers.
- Monitors financial trends and budgeted revenues and expenditures to ensure fiscal responsibility and control are maintained.
- Develops and prepares integrated financial and operational dashboards and financial analysis for senior leadership, providing accurate and timely financial and operational recommendations.
- Proactively and creatively obtains data and knowledge needed for modeling and develops, maintains, and improves complex Excel based and/or other system based financial models.
- Prepares ad-hoc analyses as requested by senior management.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required.
- CPA, or CPA candidate, strongly preferred.
- Minimum 3+ years of progressive experience in financial reporting, planning, analysis, and auditing.
- Strong knowledge of U.S. Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), Statutory Accounting Principles (is a plus), internal controls and financial reporting including disclosures.
- Public accounting experience required.
- Healthcare, insurance and/or managed care industry experience is a plus.
- Experience with financial reporting information systems is a plus.
- Strong organizational skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Quick learner that is technically competent, analytical, and methodical who takes full responsibility for all tasks assigned and sees them through to completion.
- Intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Intermediate to advanced understanding of working with large volumes of data.
- Ability to develop, improve, document, and follow processes.
- Knowledge of financial modeling techniques is a plus.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively within all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time.
Ability to speak, see and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in verbal and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Office and/or Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $72,000 to $97,500 Full-Time Annual Salary
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.