Sr Database Administrator I (Remote)
American Specialty Health Incorporated is seeking a Senior Database Administrator to join our Information Technology Operations department. This position will provide expert level production support duties for all of the mission critical databases in the organization.
Remote Worker Considerations
Candidates who are selected for this position will be trained remotely and must be able to work from home in a designated work area with company-provided technology equipment. This remote/WFH position requires you have a stable connection to your Internet Service Provider with the ability to participate by video in online meetings over a reliable and consistent network (minimum internet download of 50 Mbps and 10 Mbps upload speed).
- Database server installations, patches, and upgrades, including both standalone and clustered server environments
- Database deployments and post validation testing
- Database Maintenance best practices including index rebuilds, distribution statistics and database consistency checks
- Backups, recovery and recovery testing and verification
- Database performance tuning activities such as analyzing MS SQL query plans, index tuning, troubleshooting database blocking and resolving deadlocks
- High availability strategies including clustering, replication, database mirroring, availability groups and log-shipping
- Provides expert level database administration support to 3rd party vendors, developers and others as needed
- Mentors and cross trains lesser skilled staff members
- Participates in 24x7x365 on call support rotation, as well as evening and weekend maintenance and deployment cycles as needed
- Performs routine performance and availability testing on database servers to ensure scalability, resiliency, and capacity of all applications
- Performs daily monitoring of database servers to include error logs, database file sizes, successful backups, volume space, etc.
- Assists in the architecture of database systems for high volume database applications with high availability requirements
- Performs other related duties as assigned
- Travels to company sites as needed to ensure service continuity
- Bachelor’s degree in an IT related field or equivalent. If equivalent experience, high school diploma required.
- Minimum of 5-7 years of experience as a production MS SQL DBA.
- SQL Server 2016/2019 experience required
- Current Azure experience, as it relates to SQL Administration required
- Migration experience to MS Azure required.
- PowerShell experience required.
- MS Cosmos DB experience preferred.
- TDE experience preferred.
- Expert knowledge of databased security best practices.
- Strong knowledge and experience with stored procedures and SQL queries and optimizing them to improve overall database performance.
- Working knowledge of modern data network technologies, enterprise storage technologies, (SAN, NAS etc.), server consolidation technologies, server virtualization technologies and disaster recovery technologies.
- Knowledge of ServiceNow is a plus.
- Proficiency in MS Office including intermediate knowledge in Word and Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to interact in a positive, respectful manner and establish and maintain cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to display excellent customer service to meet the needs and expectations of both internal and external customers.
- Excellent listening and interpersonal communication skills to identify critical core competencies based on success factors and organizational environment.
- Ability to effectively organize, prioritize, multi-task and manage time.
- Demonstrated accuracy and productivity in a changing environment with constant interruptions.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, problems, issues, situations, and procedures to develop effective solutions.
- Ability to exercise strict confidentiality in all matters.
Primarily sedentary, able to sit for long periods of time with ability to travel within and outside the
Ability to speak and hear other personnel and/or objects. Ability to communicate both in oral and written form. Ability to travel within the facility. Capable of using a telephone and computer keyboard. Ability to lift up to 10 lbs.
Work-from-home (WFH) environment.
American Specialty Health complies with state and federal wage and hour laws and compensation depends upon candidate’s qualifications, education, skill set, years of experience, and internal equity. $89,300 to $150,000 Full Time Annual Salary Range.
American Specialty Health is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you have the right to request an accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career center as a result of your disability. To request an accommodation, contact our Human Resources Department at (800) 848-3555 x6702.
ASH will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the Company’s legal duty to furnish information.