AMDA College and Conservatory of the Performing Arts, with campuses in Los Angeles and New York City, is one of the foremost performing arts colleges in the country. AMDA offers Bachelor of Fine Arts degree programs in Acting, Musical Theatre, Dance Theatre and Performing Arts, as well as a two-year conservatory programs.
The full-time School Nurse for the college campus will provide preventative services, consultation for general medical conditions, first aid care, and physician referral guidance for our students. The ideal candidate will be a highly effective, caring, and professional registered nurse familiar with the health needs of college-aged students.
- Respond to student health incidents/emergencies that may arise; provide emergency services including CPR/AED/First Aid treatment, supportive care, and referral as needed.
- Provide direct health care services to students involving triage, evaluation, and first aid care for illness and injury.
- Manage health concerns within the scope of school nurse practice; initiate referrals for further diagnosis and treatment of identified health needs and provide follow up as needed.
- Provide counseling, education, and promotion of positive health practices.
- Take a multidisciplinary approach to addressing student safety and wellness-related concerns through partnership with Student Affairs, Student Success, Accessibility Services, and Education Departments.
- Correspond with parents on the health needs of a student, as authorized and required.
- Maintain accurate student health records and utilization statistics for reporting and quality improvement purposes.
- Develop positive and professional working relationships with AMDA students, faculty and staff.
- Contribute to the development/refinement of health and performance services, standards, policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned/necessary.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing
- Minimum of 2 - 4 years’ experience as a nurse, higher education setting preferred
- Must have a California Registered Nurse License
- CPR and First Aid Certification
COVID19 Vaccine Policy:
AMDA will have a mandatory COVID-19 vaccine policy commencing at the beginning of the fall semester (10/18/21) for all employees who will be working on campus.
For information regarding requests for religious or medical accommodations, please contact the Human Resources Department at [email protected]
AMDA is proud to be an EOE employer M/F/D/V