Computer User Support Specialist (Journeyman) | Req#3050
ActioNet is looking for a Computer User Support Specialist (Journeyman) with an Active Secret clearance for the Defense Program, located in Sagamihara Japan. As the Computer User Support Specialist, you will provide technical assistance to computer users.
- Answer questions or resolve computer problems for clients in person, or via telephone or electronically.
- May provide assistance concerning the use of computer hardware and software, including printing, installation, word processing, electronic mail, and operating systems.
- JOURNEYMAN: Possesses and applies expertise on multiple complex work assignments. Assignments may be broad in nature, requiring originality and innovation in determining how to accomplish tasks. Operates with appreciable latitude in developing methodology and presenting solutions to problems. Contributes to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable.
- DoD Secret Clearance; Minimum Background Investigation of NACLC/Level T5
- DoD 8570.01-M/DoD 8140 Information Assurance Technical (IAT) Level II certification.
- Education: Bachelor Degree in Computer Science or closely related field. Bachelor Degree can be waived with four (4) continuous years performing Service Desk tasks.
- Experience: Two (2) of the last four (4) years performing Service Desk tasks. General knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Provide Level 1 and Level 2 service desk support; to include; Answer and record all incoming calls; Take ownership of problems until full resolution; Determine the functional area of the problem being reported, e.g. hardware, software, telecommunications; Provide solutions as practicable over the telephone; Provide follow-up to the user on the status of the problem until resolution; Verify problem resolution prior to closure; Provide detailed analysis of the problem; Determine if equipment is warranted and arrange appropriate resolution under warranty; When special or unique situations warrant – contact the appropriate vendors; and Escalate the problem as required. Maintain a current inventory of all hardware and software on the NIPR, SIPR, and CENTRIXS-K network.
- Ensure all Service Desk Support personnel maintain active administrative and user accounts on NIPRNET, SIPRNET and CENTRIXS-K networks at all times. User Account requirements includes DoD 8570 Certification Requirements, Security Clearance, Appointment Orders, Appropriate SAAR documentation, Signing the Acceptable Use Policy.
- Perform the following functions:
- Manage user accounts in the Active Directory for customers on NIPRNET, SIPRNET and CENTRIXS-K networks for the lifecycle of the user account; to include account creation and modification, reset passwords, unlock accounts, change group membership, edit account
- Manage user electronic mailboxes in Microsoft Exchange for customers on CENTRIXS-K; to include creating, provisioning and deleting mailboxes. The Contractor shall manage user mailboxes on NIPRNET and SIPRNET networks by requesting changes through the Army Enterprise Service Desk.
- Provide end-user hardware support including touch-maintenance, configuration, troubleshooting, and security on hardware (i.e., desktops, laptops, printers, scanners, multi-functional devices, and phones).
- Provide end-user service support including installation, configuration, troubleshooting and security of services (email, file-shares, client software, data connections, and website access).
- Identify trends in reported problems to detect a broader outage or service degradation including misconfiguration of multiple systems or network issues affecting a designated area.
- Provide direct assistance to employees in an effort to enhance the productivity of the workforce. including but not limited to helping a user: create and/or modify a SharePoint site; set up a team calendar and share it; format a Word document, make use of Excel Services, use advanced features on spreadsheets or slide shows. The contractor shall also provide ad hoc training to individuals and small groups on COTS features and capabilities, as appropriate.
- Maintain group email boxes and distribution lists on NIPRNET, SIPRNET and CENTRIXS-K networks for administrative functions and check for related messages. Contractor shall continuously update group email boxes and distribution lists at the request of the Government representative identified by the COR.
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the ninth year in a row (2014 - 2022). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.