Information System Security Officer (ISSO) | Req#3231
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Cyber Security Analyst requiring a Public Trust clearance located in Silver Spring, MD (THIS IS A HYBRID ROLE, on-site 2-3 days a week). ActioNet is an IT service provider and solutions integrator supporting federal government programs for 25+ years.
Provides senior technical analysis for Information Assurance (IA)/Cyber Security (CS) support efforts. Performs in-depth analysis in various areas and technologies within NIST Risk Management Framework (RMF) Assessment & Authorization (A&A) process. Implements RMF systems to achieve Authority to Operate (ATO) accreditation.
- Conduct security assessments of system security plans to help ensure that plans provide security controls for information systems that meet stated security requirements.
- Conduct comprehensive assessments of the management, operational, and technical security controls employed within or inherited by an information system to determine the overall effectiveness of the controls.
- Ensure compliance of security configurations for IT systems and aid in providing clear and concise processes and procedures for the implementation and enforcement of system security configurations.
- Support the risk management process by helping to determine and assign risk impact ratings in accordance with Information Assurance standards guidelines and methodologies and by aiding in the development and maintenance of Plans of Action and Milestones (POA&Ms) for IT systems identified in the Risk Management Framework (RMF) process and annual security assessments of IT systems.
- Provide assessments of the severity of weaknesses or deficiencies discovered in the information system and its environment of operation and recommend corrective actions to address identified vulnerabilities and prepare the security assessment reports containing the results and findings from system security assessments.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of IA / INFOSEC concepts and requirements: Firewall Policy, Ports & Protocols, Cybersecurity, Cybersafe
- Familiarity with Tenable and BigFix, preferred.
- Experience with CSAM or eMASS
- Knowledge of the A&A process and standards - RMF
- System / network vulnerability analysis
- Risk assessment and risk mitigation analysis
- Contingency planning
- Knowledge and experience of the Defense Information Systems Agency published Security Technical Information Guidance (STIG) requirements and implementation/compliance process.
- Knowledge of virtualization, networking, Windows and Linux Operating Systems, and storage and backup.
- Possess strong oral and technical writing skills.
- Possess extensive knowledge of the US Government Information Assurance Security Processes.
- DoD 8570.01-M IAM/IAT Level III Certification or CISSP
- Bachelor's degree or AA/AS in Information Assurance or InfoSec field and 4 years of experience
ActioNet is a CMMI-DEV Level 4, CMMI-SVC Level 4, ISO 20000, ISO 27001, ISO 9001, HDI-certified, woman-owned IT Solutions Provider with strong qualifications and expertise in Agile Software Engineering, Cloud Solutions, Cyber Security and IT Managed Services. With 24+ years of stellar past performance, ActioNet is the premier Trusted Innogrator!
At ActioNet, our Passion for Quality is at the heart of everything we do:
- We are committed to make ActioNet a great place to work and continue to invest in our ActioNeters
- We are committed to our customers by driving and sustaining Service Delivery Excellence
- We are committed to give back to our Community, help others and make the world a better place for our next generation
ActioNet is proud to be named as a Top Workplace for the tenth year in a row (2014 - 2023). We have 98% of Customer retention rate. We are passionate about the inspirational missions of our customers and we entrust our employees and teams to deliver exceptional performance to enable the safety, security, health and well-being of our nation.
What's in It For You?
As an ActioNeter, you get to be part of exceptional team and a corporate culture that nurtures mutual success for our customers, employees and our communities. We give you the tools to be successful; all you need to do is bring your best ideas, your energy and a desire to develop your skills, experience and career. Are you ready to make a difference?
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.