Senior Systems Administrator | Req#3039
ActioNet has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Systems Administrator with experience in the management of web, database, and application server support and maintenance. This position offers excellent self-driven learning potential, expects a high level of commitment, collaboration with various teams and a strong work ethic. This position is 100% remote.
You will be working for a US federal agency helping to support mission critical applications and services required. This position does not require a US Citizenship.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform management of web, database, and application server support and maintenance including planning, coordinating, and executing installation and upgrades of systems
- Perform website development and implementation, content/page development, user experience design, web performance and user metrics, application administration, site operations, security monitoring
- Perform operations and maintenance tasks for government-managed websites including code version control and releases, conducting testing (functional, regression, smoke, accessibly, performance, optimization and static code security testing);
- Create/implement and maintain release pipeline/continuous integration tools and services;
- Collaborate with technical teams to assist with upgrades in application, networking, and hosting technologies such as OS, infrastructure, troubleshooting,
- Coordinate and manage incident responses
- Perform system health checks
- Fulfill customer support duties including Tier 2 and 3 support for websites and user account requests.
- Adhere to federal and corporate quality standards
- Responsible for attending meetings as necessary.
- Responsible for conducting business between the core hours of 7:00 AM- 6:00 PM Central Time, Monday thru Friday except Federal holidays or when the Government facility is closed due to local or national emergencies, administrative closings, or similar Government directed facility closings. Occasional weekend or evenings work or extended hours may be required of contractor staff due to exigency of government business, specific tasks or to lessen the impact on operations. The afterhours work is expected to be infrequent and will be scheduled in advance whenever possible.
- Use Agile practices and values for daily operations and improvement consistent with Scrum and SAFe best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in an information technology or related field is required.
- 5 years of experience in management of web, database, and application server support and maintenance including planning, coordinating, and executing installation and upgrades of systems
- 3 years of experience in management of Microsoft IIS 10 web server including the site administration, configuration of SSL, file backup and restoration, and reviewing IIS log files to assist with troubleshooting website issues.
ActioNet is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.