Technical Support Specialist (L1)
Please note this is a temporary(fulltime role to cover up maternity leave)
The Technical Support Specialist (Level 1) resolves customer technical and service issues in a timely and effective fashion for Absolute’s Home & Office, as well as Corporate, products using strong customer service and technical skills. As such, technical aptitude, empathy, and ability to multi task are crucial.
We operate a follow-the-sun support model with our other support centers and some working hour’s flexibility is required – including periodic on-call requirements - but there are no swing shifts, or night shifts in the normal rotation.
You will be joining a team of accomplished support professionals that are respected across the organization for the value they bring to our customers and to the Absolute business.
What You'll Need:
- Excellent technical troubleshooting and issue documentation skills
- Experience of installation, configuration and troubleshooting of Windows Desktop, Mac and Android operating systems
- Good understanding of software deployment solutions
- Good knowledge of firewalls, anti-virus and encryption products
- Understanding of LAN/WAN networking configuration
- Experience with one or more CRM or ticket tracking systems
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and in written
- Initiative, tenacity, and a real desire to help and support customers
- A proactive mindset to go beyond basic case work
- Ability to prioritize and manage a high workload within a fast paced environment
- Able to work independently whilst also contributing to the team
- Ability to work fully remote, or in an office setting
- 1+ years in a similar or complimentary role
Preferred Skills & Qualifications:
- Experience writing and using basic database queries
- Ability for, and experience with, reading systems logs
- Scripting (PowerShell and/or Bash)
- Microsoft MSP/MCSA/MSCE
- CompTia A+, Network+, Security+
Why Work for Us?
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny –IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City - Vietnam, Absolute serves as the benchmark for Endpoint Resilience, ensuring connectivity, visibility and control, independent of the operating system – embedded in more than a billion endpoints, we empower devices to recover automatically from any state to a secure operational state without user intervention. Our unique value supports our aspirational journey - to become the World’s Most Trusted Security Company. Nothing short of bold, and nothing less than achievable for this team. Whether it’s our commitment to the cybersecurity industry, our customers, or to one another, we are relentless about protecting people’s devices and the sensitive information found on them. And those common goals foster a work environment where collaboration, big ideas and world-class execution are rewarded with success through our mantra of One Team | One Number. At Absolute, we incorporate the ideals of Resilience in all we do to safeguard our customers’ data and information, so they can focus on saving lives, fighting fraud, moving markets and protecting passengers, to name a few. Our innovation journey has blossomed from within, so we foster that mindset by investing in our employees – fueling our employee’s creative expression and resulting in our own cyber capabilities. Our momentum is palpable – Forbes noticed too and recognized Absolute as one of the top-10 cybersecurity companies to watch in 2019 and 2020. The New Reality of Remote Work and Distance Learning has further connected our teams and our passion to drive to solve our customers challenges. We pride ourselves on our agile, high energy culture that rewards exceptional achievements and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We also respect the need for downtime and believe in a sound work / life balance, reflected in our ‘Take What You Need’ vacation policy and our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.