Chief Information Officer/Chief Information Security Officer
The Chief Information Officer / Chief Information Security Officer (CIO/CISO) leads the development of the internal technology strategy for the organization and is the lead advisor to the business globally on all matters relating to the interface between the technology department and the rest of the business. The role has dual focus on identifying and leading internal business implementations of technology in addition to being a power user and champion of the Absolute product. Reporting directly into the Chief Executive Officer, this role has direct reports of IT, Business Applications, and Technical Security Management.
- Provide leadership to the enterprise's information security organization
- Responsible for planning, implementing, managing, and overseeing the overall use of information technologies across the company
- Develop goals and strategies to ensure the IT department runs smoothly and effectively
- Direct and establish IT-related projects designed to optimize employee effectiveness and achievement of overall company goals
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the company can improve and develop
- Selecting and implementing suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits
- Design and deploy company-wide IT and security policies, standards, procedures and training as well as monitoring compliance with policies.
- Auditing existing IT infrastructure and assessing for any security risks
- Continuously assessing security vulnerabilities, assessing risks and implementing prevention measures and mitigating controls.
- Developing policies around security incidents and creating an Emergency Response Team to act as and when a security breach is looming or has happened.
- Maintaining a disaster recovery plan to enable business continuity post either a physical or cyber incident.
- Develop, implement and monitor a strategic, comprehensive enterprise information security and IT risk management program
- Partner with business stakeholders across the company to raise awareness of risk management concerns
- Prepare operating and capital budgets and forecasts; manage the department in line with those budgets
- Assist with the overall business technology planning, providing a current knowledge and future vision of technology and systems
- Optimize the internal deployment of Absolute software, rapidly deploy and version updates, and provide continual feedback to the Product organization around product defects and user experience
- Partner with the Sales organization to meet with customers and sales prospects in the role of product evangelist
- Attend and present at industry events to promote the Absolute solution and brand
- Other duties as assigned
- 15 years technology experience with at least 5 years in senior executive role in a combination of IT, information security, and risk management roles.
- Solid business knowledge that ties the technology vision to Absolute’s mission, performance and financial goals
- Degree(s) in from an accredited institution or equivalent experience preferred.
- Ability to work and lead in a fast-changing dynamic environment.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent public speaking skills.
- Experience with international operations.
- Innovative thinking and leadership with an ability to lead and motivate cross-functional, interdisciplinary teams
- Experience with contract and vendor negotiations and management including managed services.
- Demonstrated ability to develop achievable and inspiring technology objectives and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to focus organizations on these objectives and roadmaps.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate effectively with non-technology oriented employees, customers, partners and the media.
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments.
- Demonstrated ability to interpret technology and market trends.
- Professional security management certification
- Knowledge of common information security management frameworks, such as ISO/IEC 27001, NIST, SOC-2, and FedRAMP.
- Must have significant experience in:
- Large and small program and project planning.
- Requirements analysis.
- Development of scalable, distributed systems.
- Development of applications for the global market.
- Knowledge of multiple platforms
- Software quality management.
- Mentoring senior technical personnel.
- Must have a good understanding of:
- Software as a service.
- BIOS, EFI and other firmware technologies.
- The pre-boot environment on the PC and Mac.
- Development of Mac applications.
- Development of mobile applications.
- The security software market, including, encryption technologies.
- Internet security technologies.
- Wireless technologies.
Why Work For Us:
Absolute is the new standard for endpoint visibility and control, delivering self-healing endpoint security, always-connected IT asset management, and continuous data visibility—both on and off the network. Unlike other endpoint security agent solutions that can be corrupted, compromised or deleted, Absolute can self-heal itself and other critical applications through our patented Persistence technology that is embedded in the firmware of over 1 billion endpoints. No other security company can make this claim.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Austin, Texas, Reading, UK and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam, we are a collaborative and innovative place to make your mark in the world of security. Our agile, high energy culture rewards top performance and the contributions of those passionate about our collective growth and success. We celebrate our wins in our large common areas where we hold engineering hackathons, end of quarter celebrations, and monthly socials. We believe in a good work / life balance which is reflected in our annual employee retreat where it’s all about friends and family. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer