We are seeking a highly experienced developer who can contribute to all aspects of our core products. You must have broad experience developing complex and data-intensive web applications. You welcome challenges, can communicate effectively, and enjoy supporting and mentoring intermediate developers.
You will join the global UI team, helping to design and extend the core components of our flagship web application: Absolute 7. We create all the infrastructure and tools, set the guidelines and standards, and support feature development teams spread across multiple countries. We are a small group with big responsibilities.
Absolute 7 is an enterprise security and asset management application. It is a React SPA with complex data and functionality. We also have multiple mobile apps for enterprise and consumer that are being replaced with next-generation PWA versions. There is plenty of opportunity to work on a diverse portfolio of products.
- Work with other senior developers to plan and refine the app to meet new challenges
- Write complex UI components, business logic, and supporting systems
- Follow guidelines for UI accessibility in all development
- Document all work in Storybook, Readme's, and other sources as applicable
- Create unit tests for everything you create using Enzyme and Jest
- Diagnose and fix bugs in all areas of the app
- Assist with front-end DevOps tasks
- Mentor and support less experienced developers in all aspects of development
- Contribute to planning sessions, code reviews, and other team collaboration
- Participate in all team activities and agile processes: scrum, refining, retrospective, etc.
What You Will Need:
- Computer science or development certification, or equivalent experience with complex systems
- Strong knowledge of CSS tools, like Sass, Less & JSS – we use them all
- Deep knowledge of software architecture and design patterns
- Expert-level knowledge of the React library and its ecosystem, with 3+ years' experience
- Familiar with all aspects of the scrum development process and associated planning tools
- Experienced using Jira or a similar system to manage work
- Strong knowledge of Git and workflow control – we use BitBucket
- Strong technical and personal communication skills, both written and oral
Optional knowledge & experience:
- Strong test-writing skills with ability to teach
- Experience building and supporting reusable React components, including open-source
- Experience with Antd UI library, and/or other open-source libraries like Material UI
- Familiarity with latest React Router versions, and routing in general
- Experience with Service Workers, Cache interface, and other common PWA tools
- Experience with Charting libraries, like d3 and AmCharts
- Experience with Google Maps and/or other geo-location knowledge
- Experience with ElasticSearch and building DSL queries
- Experience with Kibana and customizing it
- Experience with Redux Saga – a legacy tool being phased out
- Experience with Ember – a legacy frame-work being phased out
- Deep knowledge of WebPack, Babel, Grunt, and similar tools
- Knowledge of Docker, Kubernetes, and similar tools
- Basic dev-ops knowledge, like nginx and its configuration
Why Work For Us:
You’re resilient and passionate about securing the Work from Anywhere era.
So are we.
We’re in search of the best and the brightest – everyone from innovators, sellers and marketers to financers, operators and especially customer relationship managers – we’re looking for top tier talent to help us shape the next decade of security, drive innovation that enables customers with truly disruptive solutions and are dedicated to making a meaningful difference.
Headquartered in Vancouver, Canada with international offices in Victoria – BC, Seattle – WA, San Jose - CA, Boulder - CO, Ankeny – IA, Austin - TX, Reading - UK and Ho Chi Minh City – Vietnam, Absolute Software (NASDAQ: ABST) (TSX: ABST) accelerates customers’ shift to work-from-anywhere through the industry’s first self-healing Zero Trust platform, ensuring maximum security and uncompromised productivity. Only Absolute is embedded in more than half a billion devices, offering a permanent digital connection that intelligently and dynamically applies visibility, control and self-healing capabilities to endpoints, applications, and network access to ensure their cyber resilience tailored for distributed workforces.
Our vision is to be the world’s most trusted security company – and to empower end users to connect securely and from anywhere, to all the applications they need to collaborate and get their work done, without interruptions and with an optimal network experience. Absolute currently serves approximately 16,000 customers with more than 13 million activated endpoints globally. G2 recognized Absolute as a Leader in the Winter 2022 Endpoint Management and Zero Trust Networking Grid Reports, reflecting our continued customer satisfaction across product lines. To learn more about Absolute, visit our website at www.absolute.com or visit our YouTube channel.
Absolute is an equal opportunity employer.
Absolute Software Inc. is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, you may contact us at [email protected]