Lead Teacher, Extended Day
The Children’s School (TCS) seeks an experienced part-time Lead Teacher, Extended Day to start in our afterschool program beginning August 11, 2021 for Early Learning, Elementary and Middle School grade levels.
Hours are 1:30 - 6:00 pm, Monday through Friday, totalling 21 hours per week. Training schedule will be full-time on August 6, August 9, August 10. Pay rate is $14.50 - $18.00 depending on education/experience with children.
The Children’s School’s community and curriculum intentionally reflect the world in which we live. In fact, our community is one of the most diverse among all of Atlanta’s and the nation’s independent schools. Our commitment to inclusion creates an environment where children and adults are free to be their authentic selves.
Our age 3 – grade 8 students experience challenging academics embedded in a nurturing environment. Our innovative curriculum uses immersive play- and project-based learning to engage students, connect them to the community around them, and encourage them to make a positive impact on our ever-changing world.
The Discovery Extended Day and Summer Learning Program (EDSL) at TCS is a place for children from all backgrounds to play, socialize, learn and grow. The Lead Teacher is responsible for the supervision and management of their classroom while supporting Discovery goals and outcomes. Working with EDSL administration, the Lead Teacher plans and carries out daily activities, evaluates the effectiveness of the program and activities, ensures the safety and physical well-being of the children, follows and creates engaging curriculum, maintains communications with parents, updates website with up-to-date snapshots of classroom activities, and contributes to the effective operation of the overall child care program.
- High School degree and/or current college student
- Applicable experience working with children
- Be child centered
- Possess the following characteristics:
- Contagious optimism and enthusiasm
- Honesty and Integrity
- Collaboration-mindedness, empathy, self-awareness and reflection
- Intrinsic motivation, initiative and high standards
- Adaptation, resilience, iterative mindset and willingness to take risks, fail and recover
- Critical thinking, inquisitiveness, boundless curiosity and enthusiasm
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Comfort in the use of digital technology and media
- Associate’s degree or two years college equivalency
- Three (3) years of experience teaching children in a classroom setting
- Passion for and experience in the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion
Compensation commensurate with experience.