Coordinator, Data Demographics - Advancement
Reporting to the Associate Director of Advancement Services, the Data Coordinator for Advancement is principally responsible for maintaining the qualitative information found on Colleague Advancement, the Advancement fundraising and alumni database. The Data Coordinator will add and edit biographical, demographic and other personal information to the Colleague Advancement database, as well as adding appropriate codes to records. The position will also perform basic research tasks to validate information. Also, the position requires the incumbent to assist with gift processing during busy periods.
- Capture and edit bio-demographic information generated from diverse sources including phonathon, direct mail, events, web-based tools, USPS mail, email, publications, vendor appends, press clippings, and staff communications.
- Assist during high-volume periods with gift/pledge processing: help open mail; update database; make and distribute copies to designated locations; assist in tallying and organizing; help in acknowledging gifts and pledges; assist with additional tasks as required.
- Assist with other projects such as data cleanup, data validation and other tasks as assigned.
- Lead to completion large data entry projects.
- Create folders for new donors and perform clerical work as needed
- As directed, the Data Coordinator negotiates and coordinates with various internal and external customers to clarify any bio-demographic, donor, gift or data-related questions/concerns.
- Perform appropriate Internet research to locate and/or confirm information, especially professional biographical and contact information.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Advanced level of knowledge and understanding of business protocols especially formats and processes specific to maintaining a customer database
- Superlative detail-orientation, high productivity and job focus required
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with executive-level users and a wide variety of communication/work styles
- Ability to develop and document policies and procedures
- Experience maintaining confidentiality and using discretion while working with sensitive information
- Desirable qualifications include previous work in a university Advancement office, knowledge of the Colleague Advancement fundraising database or similar system, and a basic understanding of the functioning of a professional office environment.
- Experience with biographical data and transaction entry strongly desired
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel) applications required
- Experience using the Internet as a research tool required
- Ability to occasionally work weekends and evenings for special events, as assigned