Administrative Coordinator - Center for Restorative Justice
The Center for Restorative Justice at Suffolk University was founded to foster collaborative partnerships to support a growing social movement to institutionalize restorative approaches to restorative approaches to community building, response to harm, problem-solving and violations of legal and human rights. Since 1997 Suffolk University Center for Restorative Justice has served as a regional/national/international thought-leader in restorative justice policy and practice development.
The mission of the CRJ is to serve as a bridge between the academy, professionals, and communities through public education, training, technical assistance, research, evaluation and scholarship. As a community-engaged academic center, CRJ fosters restorative approaches to resolving conflict and harm in justice systems, schools and communities.
The Administration Coordinator supports the mission of the Center for Restorative Justice by managing key financial, and office supports associated with the administration of grants and contracts. The individual is the first point of contact for the Center, and is responsible for providing outstanding customer service to all stakeholders, including proactive, timely, and through administrative support to CRJ staff. The ideal candidate has demonstrated experience in administration and is able to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a team.
- All tasks necessary to ensure timely and efficient completion of grant processes
- Maintains grant and contract schedules, project tracking and calendars
- Supports the completion of reports and record keeping in regards to all grant and contracting entities/agencies/organizations
- Participates regularly and keeps minutes in staff meetings and other meetings as needed or requested
- Markets trainings, and promotes attendance to ensure event is success
- Designs and posts marketing materials, such as website content, communications, social media, training flyers and event information
- Manages registration and promotion for all grant and contract trainings
- Reserves adequate event space and processes food orders
- Generates Eventbrite registration and produces event calendar invites (including sending event reminders and follow up)
- Tracks no-shows and offers credits for future training opportunities
- Creates invoices/processes POs/and manages deposits for individual training participants, as well as client payments
- Processes payments (invoices) for consultants
- Keeps accurate records/databases related to grant budget (e.g. purchases, invoices, deposits), contracts/client agreements, and event management
- Tracks and orders office supplies
- Performs other duties as necessary and requested
- Provides administrative support to CRJ Directors, other staff and advisory board members on all grant and project related tasks
- Serve as first point of contact for the Center (including responding to emails and voicemails)
- Triage/assign messages to appropriate staff
- Prepares all training printed materials (including submitting requests to the RAM Printing Center for special printing jobs); updates materials; processes documents
- Represent the Center in meetings with other advisory board members, university, agency personnel, community members, partnering organizations/agencies and stakeholders
Training's, Professional Development, and Events:
- Supports the logistics of all Center training's, contract and program activities
- Works with CRJ staff to support event planning, coordination and logistics
- Undergraduate degree or commensurate years of work experience (minimum of 2-3 years) in an office support role is preferred. Higher education experience a plus
- Demonstrated commitment to customer satisfaction with a high level of responsiveness
- Highly organized, detail oriented, with excellent time management skills essential
- Must be creative, resourceful and proactive, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and handle difficult situations
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; written, verbal and intuitive
- Ability to manage relationship across multiple levels within and external to organization.
- Ability to work effectively with youth and adults
- Experience working in diverse settings/and demonstrated cultural acuity and cultural humility
- Strong technical skills including: computer MS Office (Word, Excel, Access, Publisher, Outlook)
- Strong social media skills including: Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Standard hours of this position are 8:30AM to 4:30PM, M-F, however ability to keep flexible hours to support program objectives, including some evening and weekends, as necessary