Associate Director, Advancement Systems and Reporting
Job Description Summary
Reporting to the Director of Advancement Services, the Associate Director, Advancement Systems and Reporting will support the work of the Office of Advancement by enhancing the quantity, quality and transmission of information within the department and the University by producing reports, exports, lists, spreadsheets and memos. The Associate Director will assist the Director with responding to requests for information from Advancement staff, ensure data integrity, and, in conjunction with the Director, be responsible for training and coaching Advancement staff, especially in regards to using the database to its fullest capacity
- Produce Queries, Exports and Reports to inform front-line fundraising and alumni relations activity and management decisions
- Export, manipulate and analyze a broad array of Colleague Advancement data including gift and pledge transactions, FY Financials, demographic, prospect management, and activities/events information. Run List segmentations for Mail, Email and Phone correspondences.
- Produce routine financial reports. Create for own use and for ADV staff routine reports, queries and exports
- Manage Database integrity to ensure comprehensive and accurate constituent information which populates the queries, exports and reports.
- Responsible for the quality and quantity of biographical, professional and prospect related data. Process the quarterly NCOA data append. Process other data append services for lost alumni, phone and email. Collaborate with Prospect Research and Management to ensure accuracy of prospect management coding.
- Train and coach Advancement staff to enhance the usefulness of the database and the productivity of the office.
- Train users on accessing information from the Advancement Database, including basic report generation and data entry. Develop and maintain policy and procedure guidelines for Advancement Services. Plan and implement group training sessions as needed.
- Engage in professional development activities to enhance personal and office expertise
- Participate in professional development activities to enhance the Associate Director’s knowledge and expertise in the field.
- Participate as an active member of the university community by attending regular campus meetings and events (alumni events and student performances, academic awards, Convocation, and Commencement). Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree plus additional technical training in systems and fundraising protocol
- Working knowledge of prospect management and tracking systems, at least two (2) years’ experience managing advancement database systems
- Demonstrated ability to develop training materials, teach and reinforce policy and procedure guidelines
- Willingness and ability to work independently on a variety of projects
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment with constantly shifting work priorities
- Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
- Superior organizational skills
- Detail oriented
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat
- Hours per week: 35
- Ability to work events on weekends and evenings, as assigned