Office Coordinator/Recruiting Assistant, Law School Office of Professional & Career Development
The Office Coordinator-Recruiting Assistant in the Law School’s Office of Professional & Career Development is responsible for administering day-to-day office operations, including providing prompt response to all student, alumni and employer inquiries, liaising with employers and PCD counselors to manage internship and post-graduate job postings, supervising work-study students, coordinating administrative tasks related to reciprocal student use agreements with other Law School Career Development Offices, and providing general office and administrative support. Specific duties include handling heavy telephone and in-person inquiries from students, alumni and employers; working with employers to assess recruitment needs and liaising with PCD staff to maximize student internship and post-graduate job acquisition; managing job postings on the career services management database, word processing materials, maintaining and organizing resources/files and assisting with various projects and programs; keeping information regarding law firms, students’ files and career resources organized and up-to-date; and providing competent assistance to students and alumni using the Professional & Career Development Office and related resources.
- Works with employers and PCD staff to review, post and manage internship and post-graduate job postings.
- Provides courteous and effective customer service and information to students, alumni, and employers by responding to routine inquiries, scheduling appointments and making appropriate referrals to PCD staff. Orients new students to the use of career services resources, including the CSM database and PCD Library. Maintains PCD Library and web-based resources.
- Provides general office administration and program support, including creating e-bulletin board postings and program materials, assisting with and at PCD programs, creating various reports, maintaining and distributing minutes of weekly PCD staff meetings, maintaining inventory of office supplies, sorting and distributing department mail, and other administrative duties as necessary to support the work of the Associate Dean, Director for Recruitment & Operations and PCD staff.
- Provides assistance to the Director for Recruitment & Operations related to the reporting of graduate employment outcomes and dissemination of career-related information and programming through social media and other formats.
- Supervises work study students.
- Undergraduate degree required.
- Prior office or other administrative support experience required.
- Must be proficient in MS Office, particularly Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.