Nurse Practitioner - Counseling, Health and Wellness
The Nurse Practitioner will provide health care for Suffolk University students in accordance with university, state and federal rules and regulations and nursing standards of care (assessment of health status, diagnosis, development of plan of care and treatment, implementation of treatment plan, and evaluation of patient status). Operates under a Collaborative Practice Agreement with a supervising MD.
62% of Time (22 hours/week): Hours: Mon (9-5), Wed (9:30AM-6PM), Thurs (9:30AM-6PM)
- Provide direct patient care on a regularly scheduled basis in compliance with Counseling and Health Services protocols, policies and procedures. Provide daily scheduled appointments for non-urgent medical concerns as well as urgent care.
- Manage the diagnostic test ordering and follow-up process to ensure test results are processed and results are received. Ensure lab results are communicated to clinicians and patients according to department protocols.
- Complete required documentation in an accurate and timely manner using electronic and other medical records.
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary counseling and health and wellness team regarding clinical cases and student wellness education as well as attend department administrative and clinical meetings. Perform other duties as assigned by the CHW Director and/or Medical Director.
- Refer patients off-campus for consultation or to specialized health resources for treatment.
- 4-6 years experience as a licensed Nurse Practitioner required.
- Experience providing medical care to adolescents/young adults required.
- Strong general medical knowledge required.
- Experience in a college health setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of an interdisciplinary team required.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a diverse patient population required.
- Massachusetts Advanced Practice Nursing Licensure, ANCC or AANP certification, CPR certification, DEA registration, and Massachusetts Controlled Substance Registration all required.