Sr Solution Architect, eCommerce - Remote US
Rodan + Fields is seeking a Senior eCommerce Solution Architect to help lead projects through the requirements definition and solution design phases. The candidate will be responsible for the overall solution design to meet the business requirements and fulfill user stories. The candidate will also be responsible for the detailed design of enterprise-level e-Commerce and related technology projects from inception through implementation. You will provide industry best practices as a trusted advisor to key business and technology stakeholders and identify areas of product growth.
- Develop solutions to problems via use of methodologies and software application tools, and work with Product Owners to drive product vision, manage scope and expectations
- Design reliable, scalable, and performant end-to-end architectures – functional, data, technology
- Provide technical support for analysis of business requirements, and applicability to the current or planned platform capabilities
- Experience with technical programming; capable of programming and implementing various technical solutions
- Work with cross functional teams to triage issues related to reliability, availability, stability & performance
- Serve as a technical liaison between the business, project team and developers/testers
- Provide inputs to create Agile user stories based on business requirement
- Leverage industry knowledge and stay close to technology developments in the open-source and cloud communities
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Practice and enforce Agile and Scrum development methodologies
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, Computer Science degree preferred
- 10 - 12+ years of Information Technology experience
- Proven years of Java Enterprise Edition (Java EE / J2EE), Apache Kafka, Java Spring Framework development experience
- Strong experience with high volume B2C / B2B eCommerce systems
- Proven hands on experience with GCP, Node, React and Next.js
- Strong functional knowledge in e-commerce B2B/B2C user/order/customer/product flows/integration
- Extensive experience working with enterprise level systems and cloud ecommerce platforms
- Demonstrate strong communication skills to translate technical software solutions to non-technical clients
- Knowledge of the design and use of a microservice architecture is required
- Experience in Agile Scrum methodology / Process
- Ability to lead teams to provide high performance code reviews and troubleshoot all software development issues
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada and Australia. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.