Associate Counsel, Employment & Litigation
Rodan + Fields attorney to assist in managing a wide range of corporate legal matters with a focus on employment law, general litigation and regulatory compliance. With this mix of responsibilities, we do not expect you to have all the answers, but you are driven to find them with the support of a fun and collaborative legal team. You exercise good business judgment and will provide practical, sound advice in the midst of an evolving business landscape.
- Support the Associate General Counsel in working closely with the HR and management teams to provide advice, with the support of outside counsel where needed, on a broad spectrum of employment law issues that may arise throughout our global offices, such as: compliance with COVID-related safety protocols, flexible and remote work arrangements, employee relations, performance management, dispute resolution, leaves of absence and accommodations, wage and hour, internal investigations, compensation and benefits, and independent contractor relationships.
- Partner with internal stakeholders to determine strategy and approach on global employment-related policies, guidelines and processes, and agreements with an approach that balances pragmatism, risk and compliance.
- Assist senior legal team members in active and strategic management, in partnership with outside counsel where appropriate, of a diverse and wide range of litigation and pre-litigation matters, including class action lawsuits and multi-party litigation.
- Partner with the marketing and e-commerce teams in the creation of content that appropriately expresses our brand in compliance with applicable regulations.
- Partner with various trade associations and external advisors to monitor changes to the regulatory landscape affecting the direct-selling and personal care industries and analyze and advise on business impacts.
- Top law school, strong academic record, and a current, good standing member of the California Bar.
- 5-7 years of relevant experience, combined in-house and law firm experience.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills supporting interaction with various levels of employees and management.
- Ability to understand business decisions of internal clients in order to more effectively communicate and resolve issues.
- Strong work ethic, ability to adapt to rapidly-changing commitment to meeting work deadlines.
- Ability to work independently, exercise practical business judgment, and organize and prioritize workload.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders and manage projects with a team-oriented approach
- Experience with the regulatory framework impacting skincare, cosmetics or the direct sales channel a plus, but not required.
Rodan + Fields was founded in 2000 by Stanford-trained dermatologists Dr. Katie Rodan and Dr. Kathy Fields with a passion for giving people the best skin of their lives — and the confidence that comes with it. With effective products, a unique business model and a powerful community of Independent Consultants, Rodan + Fields has disrupted the skincare category to become a leading skincare brand in North America. The company has grown its innovative line of products and expanded into Canada, Australia and Japan. Headquartered in San Francisco, CA, R+F now employs 500+ people, has more than 300,000 enrolled Independent Consultants and over two million Preferred Customers.
At Rodan + Fields, you will be challenged to make an impact, inspired to do more, and rewarded for your contributions. We are transforming skincare, and we welcome your big ideas to fuel our ambitious growth plans! If you are looking for a life-changing career opportunity, we've got your prescription. You’ll become part of a positive, passionate movement that celebrates greatness and encourages employees to be catalysts for change. We provide a creative, vibrant workplace outfitted with all of the technology, tools and training you'll need to learn, grow and thrive! We create life-changing impact in our communities through our non-profit, Prescription for Change®, the heart of Rodan + Fields. By funding empowerment programs for students, we teach them how to use their skills to make life-changing differences in their lives and the lives of others. Join us and share your talents as we develop innovative solutions for your skin and empower entrepreneurs. In addition to working arm-in-arm with industry leaders, employees at Rodan + Fields enjoy rich benefits plans and perks.
Rodan + Fields is an equal opportunity employer that champions diversity, inclusion and equality for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, military/veteran status, or disability status.
We welcome employees to be their true, authentic selves, without exception and believe individual differences add value to our team. Join our team; we know it will be a life- changing experience!
With the spread of COVID-19 globally, our Bay Area offices will remain closed until further notice with the exception of phase 1 employees that require access to hardware and lab equipment.
Our primary concern is for the health and well-being of our employees as well as candidates. We have transitioned all interviews and new hire onboarding to be conducted virtually via Zoom video conferencing.