We are looking for an Account Director (AD) to join our Corporate and Public Affairs team in Washington, D.C. If you have experience working on or with Capitol Hill and/or federal agencies, and are well versed in creating and leading the execution of public affairs/corporate communications programs, we want to meet you!
Our AD’s serve as primary client advisors, providing strategic direction and counsel for future and ongoing programs. They lead the day-to-day operations of client programs, with a focus on developing quality content and media strategies for social and traditional public affairs programs. They possess an in-depth understanding of the client’s business and industry (as well as regulatory atmosphere), and are able to effectively translate that knowledge into impactful counsel.
Our Directors offer leadership, guidance and mentorship for junior team members. They also contribute to the organic growth of client accounts and programs, as well as support for securing prospective clients.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8+ years of public relations, public affairs, advocacy or communications experience
- Expert proficiency in social media engagement across channels
- Capitol Hill, federal agency and/or advocacy campaign experience
- Knowledge of telecommunications policy preferred
- Ability to distill complex public policy issues into clear, concise messages
- Firm knowledge of diverse media and social media channels
- Impeccable media relations acumen; established media relationships
- Strong writing, proofreading, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Management experience required