Are you ready to leverage your Accounting experience in a meaningful mission driven way?
Northwest Center is hiring a Staff Accountant! We are looking for someone who not only has the expertise with proven experience but also is a natural leader who enjoys the challenges that come along with an evolving team and growing organization!
We would love to hear from people who have the following qualifications/experience:
- Associates Degree in Accounting and three plus (3+) years of Accounting experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent customer service skills – both internal and external
- Professional behavior, even under stressful conditions
- Experience and success in working in confidential, deadline-driven environments
- Ability to work with minimal supervision on multiple tasks
- Proven experience with internet billing and licensing systems
Want to picture yourself sitting in NWC’s Accounting Department?
An example of a day in the life of a Staff Accountant might look like…
You might handle routine general ledger entries and reconciliations, prepare relevant reports and use your accounting skills and experience for problem solving. Cash Management functions include daily banking, document matching, data entry, and check processing, GL tasks include journal entry preparation, account reconciliation, researching questions regarding financial reports…
Location: Seattle, WA (with occasional travel required within the great Seattle area)
Schedule: Full Time – Monday-Friday
Wage: $50,000 per year DOE w/excellent benefits (role is hourly)
Responsibilities may include (but are not limited to):
- Download and review banking data
- Prepare deposits and confirm application
- Support credit card payment systems
- Assist in management of company card program
- Research and/or resolve price and quantity discrepancies with purchasers and vendors
- Initiate positive contact with vendors to resolve invoicing issues
- Calculate month-end accruals
- Track and maintain vendor terms
- Record customer payments and reconcile deposits
- Research and resolve customer payment discrepancies
- Prepare journal entries as needed
- GL account reconciliations
- Prepare credit applications
- Perform other full cycle bookkeeping functions, as needed
- Consistently and accurately maintain necessary account files and reports
- Maintain City and State business licenses
- Review/Maintain Vehicle License Tabs
- Backup for Payroll and Accounts Receivable
- Consistently meets input, processing, and production deadlines
- Positively suggest process improvements
- Other tasks as assigned
Who is Northwest Center?
We are a leader in advancing equal opportunities for children and adults with disabilities. Our services for children provide early intervention, inclusive early learning, and after school programs. Our employment services include transition services, vocational training, job placement, and supported employment.
We provide outsourcing solutions that meet the manufacturing and service needs of small and medium sized businesses, Fortune 500 companies, local government offices, and large federal agencies. Our portfolio of Social Enterprises employ people with and without disabilities working side-by-side to offer world-class service to our customers.
*To be considered for this role please include a cover letter that includes your salary/wage expectations*
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion -- we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.