Human Resources Coordinator
Our Human Resources team is growing! We are currently seeking to add a full-time Human Resources Coordinator to the team!
The primary responsibility of this role is to support and complete the full training cycle for staff across all departments of Northwest Center. This includes communicating with managers to identify training needs and create development plans for teams and individuals. This role will assess needs, plan, develop, coordinate, monitor and evaluate professional development opportunities. This includes utilizing the Learning Management System to build an efficient, effective, and measurable training process.
This position will also assist Human Resources in providing internal customer support across assigned Northwest Center’s businesses.
Wage: $18.00 to $20.00 per hour DOE
An example of responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serving as a Learning Management System (LMS) Administrator by learning and utilizing the various functions within Paycom.
- Proactively collaborating with department leaders to assess training needs.
- Designing and developing training programs, either outsourced or in-house.
- Researching and communicating training opportunities to staff across the organization.
- Scheduling and assisting in New Hire Orientations.
- Identifying and analyzing employment-related data and preparing required reports.
- Maintaining employee anniversary programs.
- Conducting exit interviews and analysis of exit reasons to determine causes of employee departures and offering recommendations to improve employee retention.
- Providing data entry and other organizational support to the department.
- Maintaining current knowledge of employment laws and guidelines, such as the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Washington Labor laws, and federal employment laws.
- Assisting with interpreting and explaining human resources policies, procedures, laws, standards, or regulations.
- Having the potential to assist in addressing employee relations issues, including work complaints, or other employee concerns.
- Supporting other functions as assigned.
- High school Diploma or GED (required)
- 2 years of post-high school education (preferred)
- 2 years office administration experience, preferably in HR
- Knowledge of human resources processes and best practices (preferred)
- Ability to handle confidential materials and information
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Experience with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
Skills and Abilities:
- Ability to sit for at least 8 hours per day
- Frequent travel between multiple sites
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate good judgement
- Ability to communicate both in person and over phone
- Frequent use of hands/fingers for typing, grasping or handling a variety of objects
- Ability to lift up to 10 lbs frequently, 25 lbs on occasion
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion -- we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.