Northwest Center Services is searching for a Full-Time Supervisor with proven 5-star customer-centric experience expertise and focus to supervise a team of exceptional best in class customer experience team members in the Crystal City, VA area.
Location: Crystal City, VA area
Salary: $50,000.00 annually
Perks: Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k w/match, Transportation Benefit, and more!
In the role of Reception Supervisor, you will assume responsibility for all team members and operations within their group of buildings. Your responsibilities include but are not limited to: coaching and developing staff to ensure we provide a customer centric experience through each interaction, overseeing a variety of projects, and working to improve processes to increase team’s overall efficiency. Northwest Center Services @ Amazon is a fast-paced demanding corporate environment and we are committed to providing professional 5-star customer service with every interaction. In this role your primary customer base includes callers, visitors, community members, vendor partners, and all guests and levels of Amazon.com.
* To be considered for this role, please submit a resume and cover letter with your application. *
- 1-year + Customer Service, call center or administrative support experience.
- 1-Year supervisory experience.
Pressure of Work:
This is an extremely busy and demanding corporate environment where you can have many things going on at once. You are required to provide world-class customer service to all visitors, employees, Amazonians, and vendor partners. You must address a large volume of e-mails daily in a timely and efficient manner (typically within the day). Escalations may include but are not limited to angry customers (in person or via telephone), personnel and/or performance issues with staff as well as facility related escalations.
Working Conditions and Physical Demands:
- Must be able to frequently carry and lift a backpack containing a laptop and other supplies, up to 20 lbs.
- May need to carry supplies to or from other buildings.
- The ability to walk within a mile and a half radius is required.
- This is a dog friendly environment with over 1000 dogs on campus. Individuals with dog allergies or those who do not particularly care for dogs may not be the best fit.
Skills & Abilities:
- Commitment to Support Services and the NWC mission.
- Excellent computer skills and proficient in basic excel spreadsheets, word, outlook, and SharePoint.
- Highly developed critical thinking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative leadership style.
- Demonstrated commitment to high professional ethical standards and a diverse workplace.
- Excellent people manager, open to direction, collaborative work style, and commitment to get the job done.
- Ability to challenge and debate issues of importance to the organization in a constructive manner.
- Delegate responsibilities effectively.
- Ability to write concise correspondence and effectively communicate verbally with all levels of management, both internal and external.
- Flexibility in working various hours (typically between 7:30 AM and 6:00 PM).
- Ability to understand, interpret and follow Amazon’s Policies and Procedures is critical.
- Make sure reception staff is on time to open and close Amazon building locations. Be prepared to step up to fill in when needed.
- Communicate employee call-outs to other Supervisors and Manager, and find coverage for employee shift.
- Manage and send out receptionist schedule, coordinate break coverage to ensure there is always an adequate number of team members present at the desk.
- Take escalated calls using a conference room phone.
- Provide initial onboarding training for all team hired on WAS campus and ongoing training as necessary, including classroom education, set up of room, documentation collection and assignment of shadowing for new team members under the principles set by SeaBel leadership.
- Train new receptionists in all administrative support and customer support expectations, and procedures both on the desk and on the phone.
- Ensure reception emails are responded to by team within a timely manner, typically within a 10 minute time frame.
- Handle escalated interactions with the guidance of Operations Manager or Director.
- Respond promptly to all emails, and actively participate in NWC-supervisors@ emails accordingly.
- Attend and actively participate in ongoing professional development and scheduled training to maintain current information on the team procedures, Amazon and campus information, best customer service practices, and more.
- Be knowledgeable of all building specialties including, but not limited to, security access levels, and facility procedures.
- Check in with staff to review and ensure that all procedures and policies are understood and followed.
- Check the lobby area and back storage room to ensure it is cleaned, organized and stocked as necessary.
- Attend regular team meetings to discuss updates, concerns, and ideas with leadership.
- Responsible for regular administrative tasks such as:
- Monitoring employee time/attendance
- Updating employee time clocks
- Updating Paycom and Shiftboard time off requests
- Respond directly with employees (or their direct supervisor) of any performance concerns, including the Manager and Director as needed.
- Respond to and immediately escalate issues occurring at a reception location.
- Work as a liaison between NWC, Amazon, and other vendors.
- Assist Management in interviewing, hiring, and termination discussions.
- Lead staff through coaching and development while working to promote cohesiveness with entire NWC team.
- Foster a spirit of teamwork and unity among team members that allows for disagreement over ideas, conflict and expeditious conflict resolution.
- Excellent attendance is a must.
- Ability to come in early or stay late on a moment’s notice for coverage.
- Regular employee performance coaching for employees and temps.
- Participate in regular meetings with Manager and NWC Leadership Team.
- Coordinate Employee Corrective Action plans with Manager and Director as needed.
- Assist with ongoing projects and other duties as assigned.
Who is Northwest Center:
When people of all abilities learn and work together, everyone benefits. The purpose of Northwest Center is to change society so that people of all abilities engage with each other fully in classrooms, workplaces and the community. Legally structured as a 501(c)3 nonprofit corporation, Northwest Center is more broadly a "for-purpose" organization that uses and blends the best techniques of human services, business and philanthropy in innovative ways.
As a social enterprise organization, Northwest Center proves to the world every day that employing people of all abilities can be a powerful competitive advantage. Northwest Center’s businesses generate over $5 million annually that Northwest Center reinvests into human services while covering 100% of the overhead expense of the organization.
Northwest Center’s Mission: Promote the growth, development and independence of people with disabilities through programs of therapy, education and work opportunity.
Join the inclusion revolution with Northwest Center!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.