Do you love working ON-CALL along with a hard day's work done well?
Do you want to work for an organization that impacts others?
We have an opportunity for 0-35 hours per week on call (24 notice of shift) located on the Naval base in Bremerton, working as a Provision Loader.
The Provision Loader is responsible for loading and unloading provisions and supplies on board naval vessels in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. Items are loaded by hand and work will take place under varying weather conditions (indoor and outdoor).
Wage: $14.38/hour + $4.13/hour H&W
◦ Proof of documentation outlining disability
◦ Ability to work on Naval base
◦ Prior Material Handling experience or general labor experience
◦ Able to lift and move goods weighing between 40 - 70lbs on a consistent basis
◦ Able to work in small enclosed areas on board vessels, under varying temperatures (hot/cold)
◦ Able to walk up and down ladders and stand for long periods of time
In this role you can expect to do the following (but are not limited to):
◦ Loading provisions and supplies onboard naval vessels
◦ Assures compliance with all NWC, Ability One, Service Contract Act and Department of Labor Regulations
◦ Communicates effectively with other employees, supervisors and customers
◦ Completing the workload in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
Number of hours and days worked are dependent on the frequency of shipments and can range anywhere between 0-35+ hours per week. We give at least 24 hours notice prior to the start of a shift.
Clearances can take several months to obtain depending on the clearance level a candidate already has. Apply Today To Get Your Opportunity To Work With Northwest Center's Provision Team!
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion -- we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.
Northwest Center is an Ability One government contractor. Therefore, a large percentage of Northwest Center positions must be filled by people with certified disabilities. Applicants who disclose a disability will be given preference.