We are looking for On-Call Provision Loaders for our Integrated Facility Services department located in Bremerton, WA. The Provision Loader is responsible for loading and unloading provisions and supplies onboard naval vessels in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner. Items are loaded by hand and work will take place under varying weather conditions (indoor and outdoor).
Number of hours and days worked are dependent on the frequency of shipments and can range anywhere between 0-35+ hours per week. We give at least 24 hours notice prior to the start of a shift.
Responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Loading provisions and supplies onboard naval vessels
- Assures compliance with all NWC, Ability One, Service Contract Act and Department of Labor Regulations
- Communicates effectively with other employees, supervisors and customers
- Completing the workload in an efficient, accurate, and timely manner
- Proof of documentation outlining disability
- Prior Material Handling experience preferred
- Must live in or near Bremerton
- Able to lift and move goods weighing between 40 - 70lbs.
- Able to work in small enclosed areas on board vessels, under varying temperatures (hot/cold)
- Able to walk up and down ladders and stand for long periods of time
Northwest Center is an Ability One government contractor. Therefore, a large percentage of Northwest Center positions must be filled by people with certified disabilities. Applicants who disclose a disability will be given preference.
At Northwest Center, we do not just accept diversity and inclusion — we celebrate it, we support it, we live it and we flourish in it for the benefit of our employees, the community, and our clientele. It is our belief that our strength lies within our diversity and the forward motion towards a day when people of all abilities can learn and work together. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace.