Other Remote, United States Chicago, Illinois Hamilton, Ohio Raleigh, North Carolina
Liferay is a uniquely profitable open source software company with 850+ fiery-eyed employees scattered across the known world. Our flagship product is Liferay Digital Experience Platform which companies like HP, Barclays, and Coach use to build great web experiences for their customers and employees. Along with making cool software, we have a greater-than-profit vision that fuels us. We give employees 5 days paid off to volunteer at charities they’re excited about and we donate a portion of our profits to various charities around the world each year. Oh, we’re also self-funded which gives us the freedom to work on whatever we think brings the most value to customers and communities in the long run.
About You and this Role
Do you love writing? Does the promise of technology to better people’s lives get you excited? Have you ever wanted the chance to dive deeply into technology and help people learn about it? If so, this is your chance. The Associate Technical Writer is an entry-level position that lets you wade into Liferay technology without drowning. We’re looking for a writer who enjoys learning new things, communicates well, and loves helping others.
- Document one or more products for end users, administrators, and developers
- Copy-edit documentation and language keys
- Post blog entries on the progress of the documentation efforts
- Review and keep up to date reference documentation
- Ensure quality of language keys
- Integrate with engineering functional teams and be the key point of contact for them.
- Apply Liferay’s documentation standards to your work
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts, Computer Science, or related field
- English writing experience
- Enjoys explaining complex concepts to others
- Self-motivated and able to meet deadlines
- Works well with a distributed team
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both written and verbal
- Love for cutting-edge technology
- Understanding of Java or other programming language
- Web development experience
- Experience with a software stack (OS, Database, App Server, Web Server)
What We Offer
- Salary package w/ competitive benefits according to qualifications and experience
- Opportunities to take responsibility and grow professionally
- A positive and collaborative work culture
- Working at a leading open source company
Equal Opportunities Employer - Statement
Liferay is committed to the equal treatment of all candidates, customers and employees and to fostering a culture of dignity at work. Our operating procedure provides for equal opportunities in recruitment and employment with the aim to eliminate discrimination against any job applicant or employee on the basis of race, age, sexual orientation, gender or gender reassignment, religion or beliefs, marital or civil partnerships status, family or dependency status, disability, pregnancy and maternity or membership of a traveling community.