JOB TITLE: Property Manager
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
SUPERVISOR ROLE: Yes
The Property Manager is accountable for the overall management and operation of a commercial medical office building or portfolio of buildings in accordance with established policies and procedures. The Property Manager is responsible for effectively administering policies & procedures that promote well-managed, well-maintained buildings including oversight of an administrative and maintenance staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all daily operations in accordance with the management agreement and strictly enforces all policies set by client and company.
- Develops and controls annual operating and capital expense budgets on behalf of client, monitor monthly performance in relation to that budget and explains variances.
- Review and approve all invoices related to assigned facilities.
- Ensures periodic hospital administrator, owner, and tenant visits.
- Prepare any and all reports requested by client including variance reports, financial reports, vacancy reports, and rent roll verification.
- Monitor aging reports and respond to any delinquencies in accordance with established policies.
- Review vendor contracts annually for competitiveness.
- Obtain and approve proposals for tenant improvement work and coordinate with tenants, contractors, and internal construction group to ensure satisfactory project completion.
- Develop building safety/evacuation procedures and educate tenants.
- Obtain and approve insurance certificates from tenants and contractors (move to APM or AA JD).
- Ensures periodic inspection of vacant areas, recommending and initiating action to improve marketability as indicated.
- Develop a schedule for regular building operational maintenance and audit regularly for performance.
- Regular review of work orders and preventive maintenance completion utilizing Work Space, ETS, or other work order management system.
- Fully abstract all leases for accuracy and Renew tenant leases as required.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within operational area.
- Recommends staff selection, advancement, corrective action and terminations.
- Monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Monitors and coaches staff to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with company values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- 3-6 Years in Commercial Office Property Management field required.
- Experience managing medical office buildings preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- IREM Certified Property Manager designation a preferred.
- BOMA Real Property Administrator designation preferred.
- State specific Real Estate Associate license required.
- CAM license preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous response to tenants, client, vendors, and all levels of staff.
- Ability to effectively present information to small or large groups.
- Trusted to confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience in either MRI or YARDI accounting software preferred.
- Experience utilizing Workspace, ETS or other work order tracking system.
- Experience preparing detailed annual property operating and capital budgets.
- Construction Management experience preferred.
- Lease administration experience required.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills required.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and calculations including percentages, discounts, and commissions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interior office environment requires sitting for extended period of times, standing, and occasional lifting up to 20lbs.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.