Commercial Medical Property Manager
JOB TITLE: Property Manager
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
SUPERVISOR ROLE: Yes
STARTING SALARY RANGE: $75,000 and up (commensurate with experience)
The Property Manager is accountable for the overall management and operation of a commercial medical office building portfolio, including many accounting functions. The Property Manager is responsible for effectively administering policies & procedures that promote well-managed, well-maintained buildings including oversight of an administrative staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Supervise all daily operations in accordance with the Management Agreement and strictly enforces all policies set by Client and Company.
- Manage tenant-focused relationship programs and processes that meet or exceed building occupant expectations. Consistent with expense parameters, anticipate tenant needs, assure positive and prompt response to service requests and administer affairs at strategic and operating levels for the mutual benefit of the tenants and property NOI.
- Responsible for the engagement and accountability of third-party suppliers and service providers. Negotiate service agreements, select suppliers and vendors, provide quality-control oversight, implement cost-containment initiatives, measure compliance to contractual standards and provide liaison as needed between tenants and third-party service providers.
- Develops and controls annual operating and capital expense budgets on behalf of client, monitor monthly performance in relation to that budget and explains variances.
- Review and approve all invoices related to assigned facilities.
- Interface with Senior Leadership as required in the overall delivery of property services.
- Identify, recommend, and oversee annual capital budget projects on assigned portfolios.
- Manage various construction and tenant improvement projects. Oversee the solicitation of bids and oversee any tenant improvement projects on assigned portfolio with assistance from the construction department.
- Responsible for the annual CAM Reconciliations as required within portfolio.
- Administer tenant leases in compliance with lease provisions, monitor aging reports and respond to any delinquencies in accordance with set policies.
- Responsible for monitoring lease expirations, negotiating new tenant leases and lease renewals as well as supporting the annual market survey process. Ensures leases are routed in a timely manner. Interfaces with tenants on lease terms and renewals consistent with Client guidelines.
- Meets with Hospital Administration to discuss campus strategies and real estate operations.
- Handles other duties as assigned.
- Provides formal supervision to individual employees within operational area.
- Recommends staff selection, advancement, corrective action and terminations.
- Monitors appropriate staffing levels and utilization of labor, including overtime.
- Prepares and delivers performance appraisal for staff.
- Monitors and coaches staff to further develop competencies.
- Leads by example and models behaviors that are consistent with company values.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Real Estate License required. If not a current license holder, willing to obtain license in the first 3 months.
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 5-8 Years in Commercial Office Property Management field required.
- Experience managing medical office buildings preferred.
- Bi-lingual preferred but not necessary
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- IREM Certified Property Manager (CPM) preferred.
- BOMA Real Property Administrator (RPA) preferred.
- State specific Real Estate License required.
- CAM license preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to effectively communicate with and provide efficient, timely, reliable, and courteous response to tenants, client, vendors, and all levels of staff.
- Trusted to confidentially handle sensitive information.
- Ability to conduct meetings with confidence.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Experience in either MRI or YARDI accounting software preferred.
- Experience in Work Space, ETS, or other work order management system preferred.
- Detail oriented individual who is able to manage multiple projects and keep organized.
- Comfort and ease with computer programs.
- Experience preparing detailed annual property operating and capital budgets.
- Construction Management experience preferred.
- Lease administration experience required.
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills.
- Advanced knowledge of financial analysis and calculations including percentages, discounts, and commissions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interior office environment requires sitting for extended period of times, standing, and occasional lifting up to 20lbs.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.
Dependable vehicle to transport employee to various properties in the area under their direct management.