JOB TITLE: Property Administrator
DEPARTMENT: Property Management
SUPERVISOR ROLE: NO
Under general supervision, the Property Administrator handles the routine and daily work of the Property Management office. Interfaces with tenants, client and service providers to relieve the Property Manager of clerical work and minor administrative and business detail by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs a variety of administrative tasks for property management office including phone support, drafting and distribution of correspondence, expense reporting, calendar maintenance and scheduling, coordination of meetings, filing, and copying.
- Upon receipt, reviews and processes incoming system work orders and takes appropriate action in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Maintains property, tenant, and vendor contact listings for Property Manager.
- Maintains service contracts, tenant leases, and insurance certificates and monitors expiration dates in accordance with prescribed standards.
- May initiate rent collections correspondence with tenant.
- Assists in the coordination of tenant newsletter, events and appreciation packages.
- Codes and inputs invoices into accounting system and forwards original invoices to the Accounting department for payment on a regular basis.
- Maintains property and administrative files and assists in the preparation of:
- Third Party documents
- Service/Vendor Contracts
- Construction contracts and project documents
- General correspondence as directed
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES No formal supervisory responsibilities but may provide informal guidance and/or training to coworkers. May coordinate work order priorities for Maintenance Technicians.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) required.
- Associates Degree or higher preferred.
- Two or more years of office administration experience required.
- Background in property management preferred.
CERTIFICATIONS, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as reports, policies and procedures, safety rules and ask clarifying questions to ensure understanding.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from client, vendors, tenants and supervisors.
- Ability to effectively present information to small or large groups.
- Intermediate to advanced skills with Microsoft Office Suite required.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Basic analytical and mathematical skills required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Interior office environment requires sitting for extended period of times, standing, and occasional lifting up to 20lbs.
Selected candidate will be required to pass a criminal history background check.