Software Engineer (Cloud)
Role Description & Responsibilities
We are seeking a Cloud/Backend developer to drive technical excellence to scale the AI and cloud computing roadmap. As a critical member of the technical team, you will work closely with the tech leads and cross-functional leads to integrate and implement an end-to-end cloud services infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a mix of enterprise and start-up experience with a proven track record of technical expertise in cloud computing, APIs, data analytics, and services. Success in this role requires an analytical, data-driven approach with a focus on patient safety, scalability, reliability, and security.
- Develop scalable software systems for storage, analysis, and retrieval of data.
- Ensure performance and robustness of back end services on the cloud with customer and partner integrations
- Develop secure, clean and maintainable code and best practices.
Minimum Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience.
- Graduate Degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Demonstrated proficiency with Python
- Expertise with cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Expertise with databases and storage technologies
- Excellent critical thinking skills and creative problem-solving abilities
- Enthusiasm for continuous learning and professional development
- Ability to work well both independently and as part of a team
Desired Experience, Skills, and Qualifications
- Experience with common Python libraries
- Web frameworks (Django, Flask)
- Data science (Pandas, Numpy, Scipy)
- Experience using Google Cloud Platform
- Experience with Docker containers and Kubernetes
- Expertise in unit testing, integration testing, continuous integration and deployment, and test-driven development
- Experience working in the biomedical sciences is a plus