Dynacare is currently searching for a Forensic Technologist to join our Forensic Toxicology team in London, Ontario.This is a 12 month Contract position working 5 pm-1 am and 7 pm-3 am, Monday-Saturday.
- Performing scheduled tests and measurements using a variety of manual and automated procedures, ensuring sample ID and preparation are correct, chain of custody is followed and documents are accurate
- Performing extractions using applicable chemicals and operating GC/MS instruments ensuring quality control standards are maintained
- Performing routine maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Preserving and safeguarding confidential information
- Preparing for accreditation inspections and cooperating with inspectors
- Providing testimony in legal procedures, if required
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Biochemistry or related area of study
- Demonstrated ability to anticipate and trouble shoot technical issues with laboratory instruments and make recommendations for resolution
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
Nice to have:
- Experience working in a laboratory doing toxicology related testing or continuing education in toxicology (an asset)
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and self-manage in a deadline oriented environment
- Proficiency communicating in English (written and verbal)
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
- Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
- Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities.
- Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.