Junior Application support Analyst
Dynacare is currently looking for a Junior Application Support Analyst to join our team in Brampton, ON. This is a short-term contract role working day shifts.
Reporting to the Senior Manager, IT Service Desk and Application Support Services the Junior Application Support Analyst will be responsible for:
- Delivering support to existing business users by investigating and resolving application errors, data discrepancies, and queries
- Reviewing of all IT Change Requests to application systems
- Accountable for risk analysis of submitted changes against probability of success based on presented change requests against required criteria
- Assisting in change deployment schedule to avoid overlapping change conflicts
- Monitoring application systems by regular scrutiny of reports from alert systems, note problems and identify performance trends
- Providing monthly Application/Service KPI report metrics to the Manager of Information Technology Services and Senior Management for regarding Capacity, Infrastructure Load and Application Performance
- Assisting in the development of customizations, and application configuration
- Providing direction and guidance on projects affecting application systems, and participate in project implementation
- Assisting in producing audit related documentation for application systems and access as required
- Liaising with software suppliers on the development of enhancements to overcome known problems, or further fulfill user requirements
- Managing access to the corporate environment for all software vendors that provide services or support to company applications within IT
- Working with software vendors in all production change promotions
- Managing software suppliers for adherence to service and performance agreements
- Post-Secondary Education 4-Years
- Certification or degree required: Diploma in computer Science
- Strong understanding of ITIL and industry leading best practices
- Strong understanding of SDLC
- Knowledge of development tools, ideally .NET, ASP and SQL databases
- Good understanding of IT infrastructure.
- Basic knowledge of Local Area Network and Wide Area networks
- Ability to work in a fast paced and rapidly changing environment with solid organizational, multi-tasking capability and prioritization skills
- Strong knowledge of Windows based systems – Windows 7/Server 2003/Server 2008/Server 2012
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Great Plains
- Working knowledge of IBM iSeries/As400 environments
- Strong knowledge in Microsoft Office
- Superior communications and customer service skills
- Ability to drive change through coaching and influencing skills
- Ability to adapt and collaborate in a fast pace environment
DNA of an Ideal Dynacare Employee
I make a difference in people’s lives. I am a caring, collaborative team-player who is passionate about quality and continuous improvement.
Caring - I demonstrate strong empathy and genuine concern for my colleagues, patients and customers
Collaborative Team Player - I know I play a key role in helping the Dynacare team achieve success. I am comfortable in a changing environment, and I can easily manage multiple priorities
Passion for Quality and Continuous Improvement - I am always looking to learn and solve problems. I am detailed oriented, adaptable and find ways to make things better.
Dynacare has been a “Top Employer” for many years and there is a reason why. We are a great place to work.
At Dynacare, we’re proud to hire the best people. If you are looking for a meaningful career where you can support healthy lives with commitment and care – we would like to meet you. To apply for this position, you will be asked to submit your resume and complete the application process.
If your qualifications and experience fit with this position, we will contact you to learn more. We offer competitive pay and great benefits, along with the opportunity to grow and thrive with a dynamic, successful company. We hope you will join us in our journey to become Canada’s health and wellness solutions leader.
Dynacare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer committed to the attraction, selection, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals. We believe that our diversity is our strength so we employ a diverse workforce and respect the needs of all our employees.
In accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code, Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act and the Dynacare Accommodation Policy a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of the Dynacare hiring process.