The Build Supervisor supervises and leads the technical and creative efforts of a team of artists towards to completion of assets. You will be communicating with the other departments to find efficient methods to create assets that meet the needs of the show, including ensuring the assets are ready for the VFX pipeline: shot preparation and rigging, that they will render resourcefully and in-line with our pipeline. You will develop pipeline processes with the Head of Build and Pipeline team to improve operational efficiency for the department.
A key facet of your role will be leading and mentoring your team through technical and creative challenges, to ensure only the best quality assets are delivered by your team in all aspects of asset creation. You will lead by example and with on-the-spot guidance, as well as through planned training schemes implemented by you with our in-house trainers, in order to meet the briefs set by the VFX Supervisor.
- Minimum 10 years of high-end feature film VFX experience
- Proven team supervision experience over a team of build artists
- Broad range of build-discipline knowledge with experience in modelling, texturing and look development
- Extensive experience using 3D software – ideally Maya, Mari, Zbrush, Nuke
- Critical eye for detail and strong visual abilities such as accurate perception of anatomy, form, scale and proportions
- Experience with rendering
- Ability to communicate visual aspects to your team
- Experience meeting deadlines while retaining a high quality of work
Nice to Have
- Previous Surfacing and Grooming are a bonus
- Previous experience managing a department
- Organised, pro-active and a self-starter
- A team player and clear communicator, and a keenness for collaboration
- A team leader, approachable and personable, with strong motivational qualities
- Adaptable and with a willingness to learn new skills and techniques – including proprietary software
- Calm under pressure and committed to meet production deadlines
- A positive, can-do attitude
We are DNEG, one of the world's leading visual effects, animation and stereo conversion companies for feature film and television, with studios in London, Vancouver, Mumbai, Los Angeles, Chennai, Montréal, Chandigarh, Hyderabad and Goa.