Assistant Editor, The Balance (Contract)
About Your Role:
Dotdash is seeking an Assistant Editor to help take our personal finance site, The Balance, to the next level. We are looking for a digitally savvy online enthusiast with a passion for providing information on important topics in everyone’s life (money and careers!) and contributing in the evolution of the content we provide and growth of our website. The Assistant Editor will work with The Balance content team to improve editorial content and user experience to grow traffic and audience engagement over the next two months. We are a fun, spirited team that will create amazing digital products!
About Your Responsibilities:
- Update content with new features, including images
- Review content to make sure best practices are met and make recommendations for improvement as needed
- Curate and promote our best content across site landing pages, and track metrics to improve performance
- Content quality management including proofreading and ensuring accuracy of information
- Work with team on ad-hoc projects with the goal of improving content quality
- Proactive, flexible team player with an entrepreneurial energy, able to roll up your sleeves to get the job done and take iniaitiave in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- Operating experience with content management systems and web analytics tools
- Detail oriented and deadline focused with solid proofing skills
- Passionate about finance and careers and eager to share your knowledge with the world. Up-to-date with industry trends; able to identify topics of interest to a wide audience
- Undergraduate degree, preferably in journalism or communications a major plus
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.