Are you a natural connector online, always able to intuit what will resonate with people, whether it's in a Subreddit, Twitter, or promoting a community event online? Do you love storytelling and get excited about making and sharing amazing content with the world? Dotdash seeks an outreach specialist to work across all the Dotdash brands to help devise and then promote our best work among relevant online communities. You will be responsible for the design of outreach programs, research into content campaigns and overall relationship management for an important high-visibility role within the organization with plenty of room to grow.
About Your Contributions:
- Authentic outreach to bloggers, small businesses, non-profit organizations, and influencers to foster relationships with Dotdash brands and content
- Research communities that will serve as the best audience for our content
- Creativity to find the best ways of engaging potential partners—what content, resources, and messages work best to foster relationships?
- Collaborate across engineering, editorial, and marketing teams to dream up and then create content and programs that will increase brand awareness for our sites
- Own all outreach campaign details (diligence, follow-up, tracking and overall campaign success)
- 1-3 years work experience in a digital marketing, journalism, or PR field
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to quickly forge working relationships with diverse types of people
- Project management mindset with high attention to detail
- Strong writer (Professional copy editing or writing experience a plus)
- Basic familiarity with web crawling and simple spreadsheet automation a plus
- Ideal candidate also has some experience managing freelancers or contractors
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.