Editorial Operations Coordinator, Product Testing
About Your Role:
The Editorial Operations Coordinator will support the commerce team’s product testing program. We aim to take product testing outside of the testing lab and into homes across the country. We are looking to build a portfolio of product reviews by real people for real people. The Editorial Operations Coordinator will support the Director of Product Testing in the ongoing operations of the product testing process. This is an ideal opportunity for a motivated individual with strong organizational skills who has the desire to gain experience in a fast-paced editorial environment.
About Your Contributions:
- Track all product testing costs and communicate with finance
- Order products scheduled for testing
- Maintain meticulous receipt records for all monthly costs
- Coordinate the image editing process with photos editors and communicate necessary reshoots with product reviewers
- Track revenue performance to measure the impact of testing
- Maintain writer relationships by processing payments in a timely manner
- Compile and write testing insights as needed
- Create product category-specific questionnaires to be sent to writers
- Support editors with organizing incoming assignments
- Communicate and manage the back-and-forth process between the writers and editors to make sure work is delivered in a timely matter and content quality standards are being met
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1+ years work/internship experience in a editorial or digital role
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Positive and proactive team member
- Proficiency with Google Docs and Sheets
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.