Senior Designer, Revenue Product
About Your Role:
As a Senior Designer on the Revenue Product Team, you’ll play an integral role in creating highly visual, innovative co-branded programs and content experiences across our award-winning brands. Our intent-driven readers are looking to find answers, solve problems, and be inspired. As a design lead, this means you’ll be concepting, building and optimizing products that provide clear and definable value to our advertising partners, without sacrificing the best-in-class user experience of our sites.
This is currently a six-month project, with the possibility of extending for a longer term. This position reports to the Senior Art Director.
About Your Contributions:
- Develop new advertising solutions in concert with all relevant business partners (revenue, content, product, marketing and engineering)
- See designs through to fruition—building premium creative while ensuring a consistent and scalable user experience
- Bring ideas to life with engaging digital narratives and a commercial awareness
- Ensure brand best practices are upheld through all digital touchpoints for internal and external partners
- You have at least 4 or more years in a design role at a digital publisher or agency with a strong focus on co-branded products, interface design and user experience
- You have a comprehensive understanding of digital advertising standards, practices, and technologies
- You have a mastery of fundamental design principles (imagery, color, layout, form and typography)
- You have outstanding technical skills with Adobe Creative Cloud, Sketch, and InVision
- You have an understanding of CSS, HTML and front-end development capabilities
- You have an understanding of the Atomic Design methodology
- You have excellent time management and organizational skills, and the ability to work across multiple projects and deadlines
- You have an ability to adapt and switch cross vertically
- You have exceptional communication skills with an ability to present work strategically and effectively to a variety of audiences
- You are a resourceful learner with a command of current design trends, a curiosity for new technologies and a desire to innovate on how people engage with brands
- You have a degree in Graphic Design, Interactive Design, or a related field
- You have a web-based portfolio that shows versatility in responsive web design and an understanding of best practices across platforms
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.