Visual Editor, TripSavvy (Contract)
About Your Role:
TripSavvy is looking for a full-time (contract) visual editor with strong experience in a creative role for a digital publication. We are looking for a digitally savvy content enthusiast with a passion for all things travel, who is eager to drive the ongoing evolution and growth of one of the biggest travel sites on the web. The visual editor will work with the TripSavvy team to define and enforce the brand’s visual voice, to improve user experience to ultimately grow traffic, audience engagement, and revenue. This is a full-time contract position.
About Your Contributions:
- Define and enforce TripSavvy’s visual voice
- Work with Dotdash design team on visual style guides for the brand
- Write creative briefs for illustration and original photography work
- Review and edit incoming visual assets for TripSavvy style and relevance
- Perform photo research and updates across new and existing content, including brand and business outreach
- 3 years experience working in a visual role for a digital publisher (experience in the travel space is a plus!)
- Well-versed in Photoshop and Indesign, and impeccably organized
- Proven experience working with both photography and illustration
- You’d love to spend hours searching for the perfect photo, but can also move quickly to perform photo research and make a decision
- Proactive, flexible team player with a sense of humor, able to roll with the punches and take ownership in a fluid and fast-moving environment
- Passionate about all things travel, and eager to share your knowledge of the world. You’ve planned your dream trip from inspiration to execution, and encourage your friends to do the same
- You’re consistently up to date with industry trends; able to identify visual trends across the travel space
- Detail-oriented and deadline-focused
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.