About Your Role
As our Sales Planner, you will support Investopedia’s growing Sales Team. We develop strategic media plans and programs for some of the largest clients in the Finance space and you will help play a part in their success through detailed planning, strong organizational skills and a team-player approach. This role reports into the Manager, Sales Planning and will be a part of the larger team that monetizes Dotdash properties (Verywell, The Balance, Investopedia, LifeWire, The Spruce, Tripsavvy and ThoughtCo.) and supports our sales organization.
About Your Contributions
- Build media plans and manage RFP deliverables such as plan revisions, rate negotiations and day-to-day projects
- Conduct analyses to determine the best advertising inventory to include in client proposals to maximize revenue
- Utilize media planning tools (DSM, DFP)
- Manage campaign setup process, including IO review, order entry, finance and legal approval
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of Investopedia technology, products, and services
- Suggest appropriate programs to enhance revenue and win rate
- Contribute to the teams success by completing strategic projects on an as-needed basis
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- 1-2 years of digital experience at a media company, agency, or sales organization
- Ability to work independently and within a collaborative team environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to meet client deadlines and work well under pressure
- Strong attention to detail, time management and organizational skills
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with internal team members
- Good understanding of Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
- High level of initiative
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.