Director / Sr. Director, Marketing, Verywell
About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a Director, Marketing to join our Verywell brand. This role works with the Advertising Sales Team to develop impactful marketing solutions that connect with audiences, meet brand objectives, and drive revenue. The Director, Marketing should have a strong no-nonsense desire to fully understand company, brand, products, market and client’s needs. In addition, this person will have the ability to identify insight and translate them into strategic opportunities for both company and clients. This role reports directly to the VP, Marketing, Verywell.
About Your Contributions:
- Strong writing and storytelling skills, with the ability to leverage data, insights, and trends to draft a compelling narrative
- Innate ability to come into an organization with a palpable desire to add value to culture, team and overall collaborative spirit
- Keenly aware that working with multiple stakeholders can create opportunities for subjective criticism so you are focused on coaching the team to provide objective and productive feedback to drive business forward
- Measured confidence to challenge the status quo and be seen as someone who is thoughtful about the approach to solutions vs relying on what we have done in the past
- 5-10 years of experience in the marketing field, preferably in digital publishing / media space
- Fluency in proposal development, from creative ideation through execution
- You have a strategic mindset, strong comfort working with the research team to translate data into insights
- Preferably a background in Pharma/healthcare
- Presentation skills, the ability to present and execute propsals (samples shoud be provided)
- Strong understanding of MS Office, particularly PowerPoint, is a must; experience in comScore and Salesforce is a plus.
- Strong project management and multi-tasking skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.