About Your Role:
As an Illustrator for Dotdash’s Design Group, you will be responsible for creating beautiful, custom, and relevant illustrations and infographics for high quality content, in a fast-paced environment, across the six Dotdash brands—Verywell, The Balance, Lifewire, The Spruce, Investopedia, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
About your Contributions:
- Partner with our Design, Content and Growth teams to identify, establish and deliver unique, high quality illustration and infographic concepts for articles across Dotdash brands
- Develop illustrations and infographics from concept to completion, beginning with a brief, sketches and storyboards, and ending with a finished digital piece of art
- Serve as design liason in the production, organization, and optimization of our library of illustrated assets
- Ability to work in multiple illustration styles
- Ability to think creatively within the constraints of a brief and brand guidelines
- Solid foundational art & design background in typography, color, and composition
- Ability to sketch, concept and generate ideas quickly
- Ability to create clean, bold scalable work—distilling even complex topics to their simplest form
- Strong sense of cultural awareness
- Solid organizational and time management skills
- Ability to think independently and work democratically
- Fluent in key applications within Adobe Creative Cloud
- Editorial experience a plus
- Degree in Illustration, Graphic Design, Fine Arts or related field preferred
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.