About Your Role:
As a Research Analyst, you will be the expert on our audience and emerging trends in the personal finance landscape supporting The Balance and Investopedia brands. You will support our key lines of business, which include Sales, Marketing, Editorial, and Product Development. You will have full support from data science, data operations, and data engineering teams. You will have direct access to terabytes of data stretching back to the beginning of the internet. You’ll be using this data, coupled with personal finance market data, to directly inform strategy for two of the largest finance sites in the world (The Balance and Investopedia).
About Your Contributions:
- Become the audience expert for The Balance and Investopedia - you’ll be required to go deep into the data, understand our site and audience better than anyone, and be the market expert on all things personal-finance-related
- Support the Sales team by identifying and communicating insights that inspire and shape potential partnerships with advertisers
- Partner with 3rd party measurement companies to analyze and synthesize primary research and behavioral data to quantify the impact of media campaigns on The Balance and Investopedia
- Support Account Strategists in reporting on the impact of media campaigns running on The Balance and Investopedia
- Advise Marketing, Editorial and Sales teams on brand management, audience expansion and sales initiatives
- 2+ years of research and analytics experience in the digital and/or media landscape
- General familiarity with and interest in personal finance and investing topics
- Expertise in working with large data sets to synthesize information and draw out key insights
- Excel is a must, familiarity with Python or R is a plus
- Excellent research storytelling skills allowing you to draw out key insights and communicate them in compelling and engaging ways
- Experience presenting results to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Solid problem-solving skills and an inquisitive nature allowing you to deliver effective research
- Strong desire to increase your understanding of the personal finance sector
- College degree required
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.