Senior Columnist, Lifewire
About Your Role
Here’s a unique opportunity to start something new — a daily column and newsletter designed around you — within a successful and fast-growing technology media brand. Lifewire is looking for a senior columnist to be a leading voice in the tech news conversation, approaching the fast-changing tech world from the user’s perspective.
As technology continues to play an increasing role in our lives, we’re looking for a unique, compelling voice to make sense of it all and make us smarter. How should we think and respond to the latest developments in technology? Will they improve or enrich our lives? Or should we be skeptical or careful? The ideal column will be thought-provoking and practical — providing commentary and advice and helping people understand and manage technology in their lives.
This is a new product and represents an ambitious expansion for Lifewire, which serves more than 20 million readers per month. Long known for our expert advice and how-to guides, we’re now looking to bring our user-focused point of view to the latest tech news. We see this as the beginning of an important new franchise that you can help shape and expand.About Your Contributions
- Help create and launch — and then write and edit — a new daily newsletter and column for Lifewire.
- Write timely and engaging columns, translating complex technology topics from the news and your personal interests into clear and useful ideas.
- Hire and manage a deputy to help with reporting, research and writing.
- Represent Lifewire, on the site and off, as we build a beloved media brand focused on using technology in real life.
- Journalist or writer with at least 5 years’ experience, preferably covering technology news, analysis or reviews.
- Strong writing ability and voice, with the ability to turn around a column with minimal editing.
- Entrepreneurial spirit to help create, launch and expand a new editorial franchise.
- Ability to work from our New York headquarters most days.
- Comfortable working independently in a fast-paced environment.
For more than 20 years, Dotdash brands have been helping people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We are one of the top-20 largest content publishers on the Internet according to comScore, a leading Internet measurement company, and reach more than 30% of the U.S. population every month. Our brands collectively have won more than 20 industry awards in the last year alone and, most recently, Dotdash was named Publisher of the Year by Digiday, a leading industry publication. Our brands include Verywell, The Spruce, The Balance, Investopedia, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy and ThoughtCo.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.