Lead Dispatcher - Graveyard Shift
Coastal Pacific Food Distributors is seeking a Lead Dispatcher for our Stockton CA location. The dispatcher's job is to schedule drivers to pick up and deliver loads to customers or vendors. Dispatchers are also responsible for keeping records, monitoring driver daily logs for errors or violations and monitoring drivers' working hours and equipment availability. Another part of the job is knowing the weather of all your drivers' locations to flag potential issues.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Receive emergency and non-emergency calls and record significant information
- Address problems and requests by transmitting information or providing solutions
- Receive and dispatch orders for products or deliveries
- Prioritize calls according to urgency and importance
- Use radio, phone to contact drivers or yard hostler
- Monitor the route and status of field units to coordinate and prioritize their schedule
- Provide field units with information about orders, traffic, obstacles and requirements
- Enter data in computer system and maintain logs and records of calls, activities and other information
Education: High School Diploma
Experience: Minimum 5 years proven experience as a dispatcher or relevant transportation department position.
- Tech-savvy with knowledge of relevant methods (CAD)
- Fast typing with exp. in data entry
- Knowledge of procedures and guideline for emergency situations
Skills and Abilities:
- Outstanding organizational and multitasking abilities
- Active listener with excellent communication skills
- Sound judgement and critical thinking
EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disabled. CPFD is committed to the Drug Free Workplace Act
We are an E-Verify employer where mandated by State or Federal contracts.