Every day, Canadians rely on our insights to make one of the biggest decisions of their lives. As the country’s #1 provider of automotive history and valuation insights, we’re always innovating to make buying and selling used vehicles easier for all Canadians.
At CARFAX Canada, you’re not just another employee. You’re a critical contributor to the big picture and rely on data when making important decisions. You have a future mindset and are motivated to grow with us. You have a thirst for learning new things and building your skillset. You dream big and chart your own career path. You don’t settle for what’s quick and easy because you value quality. You know that the best teams are built on trust, so you use your voice to collaborate and create real change. You believe in taking the time to celebrate wins and have fun. You know leading a balanced lifestyle in a supportive work environment is important. You’re not just another employee. You are a CARFAX Canadian!
CARFAX Canada is looking for a strong leader and partner to join our senior executive team in the role of VP of Technology. This role is essential to strengthening and evolving our entire development and technology operation efforts. You’ll need to be passionate about both people and strategy, ensuring best-in-class teams, processes, and systems are built and continuously improved upon to manage our continuous growth.
The VP of Technology will have the unique opportunity to create and implement CARFAX Canada’s technology strategy to establish a stronger future for our business. You’ll ensure your teams are highly engaged and forward-thinking on quality, productivity and technical excellence. You will be engaged across the entire business, taking the time to understand what drives our brand, products, operations, and financials. Most of the time, you’ll be working closely with both our Product and Data leadership teams.
CARFAX Canada is fortunate to have experienced and talented people in both development and technology operations. We build market leading information products across Canada and throughout the globe with our partners IHS Markit and CARFAX. This is a unique opportunity for someone currently at a Senior Director level position who is looking to expand their career. Equally important, this role will appeal to seasoned technical leaders who simply want to build for the future without all the red tape and barriers existing at most other organizations.
- Rapidly assimilate, comprehend, drive, and be accountable for the company’s technology environments, software and hardware processes, technology architecture, and the development of its core IP.
- Manage an agile development environment, refine cadence, and continually develop disciplined development processes and tools.
- Provide leadership oversight of cloud services, data-center and network operations, and architecture – prioritizing scalability and performance and security, while monitoring quality control.
- Employ and administer effective software development and project management methodologies for applying development schedules, quality control, and documentation.
- Develop and implement key performance metrics to determine needed technology improvements, as well as manage 24/7 uptime operations for production and application deployment environments.
Technology Vision and Strategy
- Establish a multi-year strategic plan.
- Articulate the technology strategy and vision to staff, customers, and other stakeholders.
- Collaborate and share best practices with CARFAX US Technical Leadership team.
Team Leadership and Development
- Ambitious, enthusiastic, high-energy leader who operates “hands on” in their current role and looks forward to working with agile-based teams.
- Continually improve the Development, IT, Dev Ops and Systems teams through recruiting, coaching, and process improvement, including an understanding of the skills and traits most needed to improve the team.
- Build internal leadership through selection, team structure and mentoring.
- Influence a culture of innovation, performance and high-quality product development.
- Increase productivity and collaboration, reaching ambitious deadlines on key projects.
- Build and inspire a team, generating a strong sense of pride, urgency and willingness to work towards ambitious goals.
Education and Experience Required:
- A minimum of 8+ years in previous senior leadership positions which may include; Director or VP Technology, Product Development or R&D.
- Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent field.
- Strong collaboration skills and experience required.
- Equally strong strategy and deployment experience, with a passion to innovate and build.
- Experience in developing:
- Information or analytics products in web-based technologies.
- Software solutions for large scale API platforms.
- Experience in leading high-performance teams that successfully:
- Delivered and deployed complex enterprise solutions.
- Supported and maintained large scale platforms and applications.
- Maintained a 24/7/365 technical production and operations environment.
- Experience in SDLC process and management concepts, including:
- Utilizing and implementing development methodologies (i.e. agile).
- Creating metrics and continuous learning processes that improve workflow and productivity.
- Accurately estimating resource and time required for completing complex work.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills.
- Curiosity to uncover, understand and solve problems or opportunities.
- Expert planning ability with strong bias to action.
CARFAX Canada is headquartered in London, Ontario, and now has an office in Waterloo as well to support our growth. We’re proud to offer competitive pay, benefits and bonuses, RRSP matching, maternity leave top-up, health and wellness initiatives and social events. We’re committed to providing accommodations for people with disabilities. If you require an accommodation during the application or selection processes, please advise in your cover letter.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please visit our website. https://www.carfax.ca/about-carfax/work-at-carfax. Applications will be accepted until October 31, 2019.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Not exactly the position you were looking for, but still want to join our awesome team? Visit our careers page to learn more about us and to see our other job openings!