Clinical Sales Specialist
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Commercial organization supports our global sales and marketing efforts around the world. Our global sales force continues to solidify the company’s commercial presence in the United States and Europe and is rapidly growing in other regions, such as Latin America, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Clinical Sales Specialist is responsible for maximizing sales of BioMarin commercialized products in their area. They must maintain an astute education on disease, promote awareness, and ensure compliance for patients on therapy. Good organizational, analytical, problem solving and customer management skills are required. Demonstrated ability to gain the cooperation of others utilizing excellent communication skills is required. Focus on coordination of care with excellent follow-up essential. Individual must be flexible, and adaptable to new situations with sensitivity to the potential constraints of a “start-up” commercial organization. Must be goal oriented, knowing how to set aggressive but achievable targets. Instills a high standard of performance in the organization.
- Achieve area sales, penetration, market share, and profit targets on a quarterly & annual basis
- Track monthly performance vs. budget, and analyze reasons for gaps, and provides plan options for getting back to budget.
- Create and implement an effective business plan to guide strategy, disease awareness, patient compliance, and track progress throughout the year.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key customers including: Geneticists, Pediatric Orthopedic Surgeons, Rheumatologists, etc., Nurses, Nurse Practitioners, Genetic Counselors and ancillary staff through advisory boards, symposia, CMEs, visits, etc.
- Provide leadership through example to fellow Clinical Sales Specialists.
- Financially manage assigned territory.
- Actively participate in business planning meetings, disease awareness efforts, and professional societies meetings as assigned.
- Take initiative to maintain and upgrade product knowledge through sourcing product information, reading clinical report and publications, medical journals.
- Upgrade knowledge and disease area regularly by attending medical conventions, and KOL interaction to understand treatment trend.
- Become an expert in the clinical data and be able to verbalize its significance to others.
- Provide insight to internal business partners as to the clinical practices of assigned accounts.
- Demonstrates leadership within internal teams, with ability to influence without authority.
- Build and maintain professional relationship with key stakeholders in the Taiwanese market, including but not limited to physicians, patient support groups, business partners, etc.
- Work closely under the direction of the Country Manager, with the business partner for BioMarin products in Taiwan.
- Communicate with customers in a sound, professional, scientific and ethical manner
- Plan and execute marketing and sales plans under the supervision of the respective manager including but not limited to organization of local educational lectures, initiation of programs, etc.
- Identify business opportunities based on medical information, market knowledge, and competitor knowledge.
- Follow company and local regulations on pharmacoviligence reporting
- Follow company and local compliance guidelines
Min. 5 years of biotech / specialty care sales experience involving high cost products
Sales experience dealing with hospitals and academic institutions
10 year of experience in the pharmaceutical or healthcare industry
Experience in a “start up” environment
Prior work with orphan-disease products
Experience in new product launches
Experience in leading and coordinating patients finding programs
Bachelor’s degree required – life science related degree preferred, but not a must
Advanced educational degree or experience in the Healthcare field desired.
Computer Skills – word, excel, power point
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.