Intern, Material Operations
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
The Material Operations Intern will work on 1 major or 1-2 minor projects over the 3 month internship. The project will be matched with the intern’s skills and interests. Projects will be focused on continuous improvement in the Planning and Scheduling of the Make, Asses Release process which includes, but not limited to; the Site Master Scheduling and Detailed Scheduling processes performed to ensure we can plan the manufacturing and release of our products across a 24 month horizon.
- Creation of visual management tools and training materials.
- Develop new reports to support the Material Operations metrics utilizing Excel and Power BI
- Currently enrolled in a university undergraduate or graduate program in Supply Chain Management (or similar)
- Computer literacy is required, proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel is essential, experience with Microsoft PowerPoint, Excel, and Word is desired.
- Must possess the ability to perform routine and non-routine tasks under minimal supervision while modeling advanced measures of initiative, self-direction, objectivity and team advocacy.
- Must be able to work in a gowned GMP controlled environment 10% of the time.
- Excellent documentation, written and verbal communication skills are essential.
- Positive attitude, independent worker who can contribute in a dynamic team-oriented environment
- 1-3 years of supply chain focus as a student and/or experience preferred
- Technical, analytical, proactive, collaborative and displays strong communication skills
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.