BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Research & Development group is responsible for everything from research and discovery to post-market clinical development. Research & Development involves all bench and clinical research and the associated groups that support those endeavors. Our teams work on developing first-in-class and best-in-class therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with rare diseases. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The BioMarin internship programme will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, whilst gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry. The internship programme will start on Monday 10th June 2019 to the 30th August 2019, lasting 12 weeks in the London Office.
The candidate will be working at the London office with the Biometrics team consisting of statisticians/programmers and data managers. They will have the opportunity to be involved in the project work in order to get some hands on experience. In addition they will have exposure other areas of drug development.
Students who are currently in their second year at university (or third year on a four-year course) OR students who are studying for a masters immediately after their final year of their undergraduate degree are eligible to apply.
- Participate in ongoing statistical tasks with goal to have an introduction to the work required of a statistician working in pharmaceutical industry. This would involve producing statistical outputs/ reviewing statistical outputs and documents.
- Completing a report on an agreed upon statistical methodological matter relative to the clinical development at BioMarin. The proposed topic to be decided upon between the two parties.
- Presentation of results to BioMarin Biometrics group and BioMarin London office
- Some experience using SAS
- Student would be required to come to the Biomarin London office Monday to Friday.
- Student must be mature and relatively autonomous.
- Good English (spoken and written).
- Capable of doing a thorough bibliographical review on the chosen topic to be summarized in the report.
- Capacity to assess the relevant statistical methods using real or simulated data using SAS.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Currently completing studies in the field of Statistics/Biostatistics
All employment offers and resumes are managed through our Human Resources Department and all candidates are presented through this avenue. Therefore, the Human Resources Department at BioMarin requests that recruiters are not to contact BioMarin employees directly in an attempt to present candidates. Complying with this request will be a factor in determining future professional relationships with BioMarin.
BioMarin will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from candidates for either current or future positions. Submission of unsolicited resumes in advance of an agreement between the Human Resources Department and the recruiter does not create any implied obligation on the part of BioMarin.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.