Executive Director, Global Engineering & Facilities Services
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
BioMarin’s Technical Operations group is responsible for creating our drugs for use in clinical trials and for scaling production of those drugs for the commercial market. These engineers, technicians, scientists and support staff build and maintain BioMarin’s cutting-edge manufacturing processes and sites, provide quality assurance and quality control to ensure we meet regulatory standards, and procure the needed goods and services to support manufacturing and coordinating the worldwide movement of our drugs to patients. Come join our team and make a meaningful impact on patients’ lives.
The Executive Director, Global Engineering & Facilities Services will be responsible for providing strategy and direction for this growing global function. The Executive Director will be responsible for directing and controlling the activities of the Capital Project Management (CPM), Portfolio Management, non-GMP Engineering and EHS&S functions.
The Executive Director will also be responsible for BioMarin’s capital investment governance and business processes to ensure proper evaluation, cross-functional review and decision-making related to BioMarin’s global capital investments.
- Thorough proactive assessment of multiple, complex variables, the Executive Director will lead the identification, review and evaluation of strategic capital initiatives (lab, office, manufacturing) to support the Corporate Strategy and present options/scenarios/recommendations for review/approval by senior management.
- The Executive Director will lead his/her function to ensure successful delivery of global capital projects and useful reporting to senior management.
- The Executive Director will need to build partnerships throughout the organization, in an effort to regularly educate and influence cross-functional members of senior and executive management.
- Actively participate in the Long Range Plan (LRP) process to establish goals, objectives and deliverables for the future of the organization.
- Manage, coach and develop staff in order to maximize their capability and contribution to provide high quality deliverables.
- Ability to present strategic options and recommendations by analyzing a complex set of inputs and providing a compelling business case with rationale supported by financial research (sound business acumen).
- Experienced leader who has led an organization through a sustained period of tremendous growth.
- Ability to directly understand or leverage relationships/expertise of others to understand implications of corporate level decisions.
- Demonstrated track record of successful global management of multiple capital project-related functions.
- Requires 15-20+ years of Biotech/Pharmaceutical industry experience
- Requires minimum of 15 years of escalating management responsibilities of both people and functions.
- College degree required
- MBA or some post-graduate business education preferred
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.