Intern, Strategic Network Planning
BioMarin is the world leader in delivering therapeutics that provide meaningful advances to patients who live with serious and life-threatening rare genetic diseases. We target diseases that lack effective therapies and affect relatively small numbers of patients, many of whom are children. These conditions are often inherited, difficult to diagnose, progressively debilitating and have few, if any, treatment options. BioMarin will continue to focus on advancing therapies that are the first or best of their kind.
The BioMarin Summer Internship Program will enable students to gain valuable experience and knowledge of the processes and systems within BioMarin, while gaining an insight into the pharmaceutical/biotech industry.
Strategic Network Planning interns will contribute as project leads, co-leads or data analysts in strategic network analysis projects running during the time of their internship. Such projects do end to end manufacturing network analysis across BioMarin’s products and sites and typically involve a core team from manufacturing, quality, supply chain, finance and other functions. Interns may also help draft the Technical Operations (TOPS) Strategic Plan which documents such strategies and key assumptions.
- Business, Biochemistry, or Process Engineering degrees preferred
- Knowledge of financial modeling, process/product mapping in Visio are pluses
- Ability to drive project completion, present to executives are strong pluses
- Student must be returning to school in the Fall Term OR has graduated within the 1 year of the start of the intern program
- Must be available to work 40 hours a week
- Housing and Transportation is responsibility of the Intern
Benefits of a BioMarin Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s)
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment
- Develop technical skills specific to your major
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business
- Weekly lunch seminar series with Executive Staff
- End of summer poster presentation to the BioMarin Community
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.